Colgate Mug Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Jayaruh, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I won this puck of Colgate Mug Shaving Soap from @wchnu . I am going to be using the CMS all this week to the end of OCtober, so, I thought I would give it a test lathering today. I used the brush I will be using next week, the JR#229 synthetic. I only bowl lather for the fun of it. I normally just face lather, but this lathered up pretty good. I don't know how old this soap is, but it has no scent at all, or my smeller isn't working. Anyhow, here it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today, I had my first shave with the CMS.
    sod171024.JPG
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Colgate Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #229
    New Standard
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Colgate Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #229 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette New Standard Tuckaway razor and Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Jim99, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  2. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Nice review, Jim. Thanks!

Jayaruh likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I look forward to trying mine(Colgate Mug soap). @Jayaruh , mine will be put into an Old-Spice like mug, as yours is.

Jayaruh likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's OC Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Colgate Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #229
    Gillette Goodwill
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Colgate Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #229 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette Goodwill razor and Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Jim99 likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I thought I had written more about CMS somewhere, but I will repeat. The CMS, to me, has no scent at all. It may be that it is an old, old puck, but it lathers like crazy. As far as cushion and slickness, I really don't know how to evaluate those. I do know that I got no irritation, nicks, or cuts.

6. Paul Turner

Sorry you had to repeat. I just saw the first of your two duplicates this morning, after my quest for a review. And now this one.

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    No problem, Paul. Thanks for the prod. I went back and put it in other posts. I really thought I had said more, but I guess not. I am glad that I was piffed this soap. It is very good, just no scent to me, not even a soap scent. It works very well with the Proraso Pre-Shave though.

8. Paul Turner

I got it as result of a pifferoo muhself. I'll get going with mine before too long.

Jayaruh likes this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I love to pif, and I love receiving pifs, too.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

The man who PIFed me my Colgate Mug Soap shall remain nameless, although I do believe he knows who he is :).

11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I’m glad you had good results.

Others have too so the puck I had awhile back must have just been a dud.

I tried to use it several times but it just wouldn’t produce a decent lather and it smelled awful.

Maybe I’ll have to try another one someday.

12. Paul Turner

Hope you can find one with a fragrance.