Copper and Brass Gillette

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MsBlackwolf, Feb 15, 2009.

1. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I found this razor on evilbay. It's exactly like the one I got from mom and really am in love with. This one has the gold wash on it yet. I'm the idjit with the 12.90 on it. Anyhow. any opinion on what my max bid for it might be? I don't wanna pay too much and have no clue what the real value is.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Do not know what the razor looks like.. Sorry can't help.

Fuzzy

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

That one is in very good condition. I haven't run across one that was in that good of shape. With the free shipping, I wouldn't begin to guess what the final bid would be.

I have picked some of those up in good condition for $5. I have seen them in fair condition go for $20 or more. It is eBay, one never knows what will happen on the bids.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Where is the link?? I do not see it for some reason or the other.

Fuzzy

5. MsBlackwolf

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

That one is in very good condition. I haven't run across one that was in that good of shape in an antique store or on B/S/T to give a fair price. With the free shipping, I wouldn't begin to guess what the final bid would be.

I have picked some of those up in good condition for $5. I have seen them in fair condition go for $20 or more. It is eBay, one never knows what will happen on the bids.

7. MsBlackwolf

It'll probably get outrageous before the auction is over. Usually happens when I find something I actually want. I should have a Sunday razor. Calls a psychologist..hello hello..help me I have RAD and I just can't stop meeeee

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I will guess 42.50

Fuzzy

9. MsBlackwolf

I think more than that :sad029

10. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

For $40-something bucks? :eek: Pass it by, there'll be another one. I have a razor like yours, came with a case, some gold missing on end(s?) of the top cap, handle & base plate in nice shape, haven't shaved with it yet. Maybe tomorrow morning, whiskers getting a bit long & I *finally* have a razor wif toofies! :D

11. MsBlackwolf

I like mine alot! I didn't think I'd use an open comb. Those teeth scared me! Not a speck of gold in sight on it tho. Probably best as if it had some I would just wanna leave it sit and look at it. By morning I'll be outbid anyway. Flea market season will arrive soon enough and there are goodies to be found!

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

If you are going to spend $40 anyway... Unless you are really set on a gold finish which will wear away...

Look at Cooncatbob's site: https://sites.google.com/site/bobsrazorworks/

He cleans up and preps NEW razors and has them replated. He also makes his own custom handles. But you can get a freshly nickel plated NEW handle and all for $40 through him.

13. MsBlackwolf

Cool! I was lookiing at a Merkur too.

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Missed by a bit.. went for 46.90... to rich form my blood.

Fuzzy

15. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

That's quite a bit for a common handle NEW even in that shape. I have sold them for $20 when I had them. Although, I will admit that it is getting harder to find them these days so my pricing may be forced to inch up as well.

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I wonder if the miss labeled posting had anything to do with it.

Fuzzy

17. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Very possible, Fuzzy. Last year the buzz word was "Fatboy". Everything was labeled a Fatboy whether it was a Super Speed or a GEM. It's beginning to look like the new year's misnomer is going to be "Aristocrat".

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yea did you see the thread started on all the mislabed aristocrats>

Fuzzy

19. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That NEW would have sold higher if they called it a Bostonian. At least it wouldn't be as inaccurate as naming it an Aristocrat.

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The difference was the box it was in right?

Fuzzy