Coronation SWEETNESS

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hanspleasure, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Can I say once again how AWESOME Rodd is? Seriously!!
    This arrived safely in my mailbox today.. can't wait to frame it and hang it in my little shave den!! Now all I need to complete the set is find a Coronation #45... one of which I saw on ebay last week or so but it was in dire straights.. believe it sold for a buck, but shipping was $20. Anyway I digress..
    Rodd, Thank you.. you're awesome.

Attached Files:

2. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

rodd is awesome. your lack of a picture however is not :happy013

3. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

*cough* pictures are present ;)

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

oh my. it wasnt showing up for me at first. sincere apologies :)

5. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Very nice Scott, very very nice!

6. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Very Nice!

7. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Thats awesome. Rodd is a great guy.

I guess I am on the quest for a coronation #58 now. I hope one doesn't show up for a couple of months because I'm flat out broke after buying this coronation #66

[​IMG]

8. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

That's a nice set Scotty but I don't see any markings on the box stating it's a Coronation Set. The top of the case should also have a crown logo on it as well.. but your set it still amazing.. never seen one with a price tag!
    Congrats again!

9. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Yikes, I totally believed the seller knew what they were talking about, but now that I look back at Scott's post, the outer shipper lists it as a Coronation.

Sorry Scott!

Both of you being named Scott makes things confusing.

10. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Well after it arrives I will be asking for some $ back and explain that is isn't the coronation set and it isn't as rare:mad:

11. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Sorry to be blunt, but maybe you should have asked this before spending the money, got extra pictures etc.. You know buyer beware and all that.

For a #66 that complete and in that condition you paid about right.

12. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I didn't need the pics for condition as it is new and the one picture looks good. The seller said it was a coronation so I believed them and I didn't know to look for it on the shipper. The price may have alright, but I thought (and was told) I was buying the coronation.

13. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Good luck with that.

14. Proraso Man

Proraso Man New Member

Man it must be expensive building a collection from eBay.....

15. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Scotty,

Your set is still easily worth the price you paid for it especially in the condition that it is in... someone would've quickly purchased it if you didn't stumbled upon it so quickly. Coronation Sets are difficult to come by due to them only being manufactured for one year in 1953 celebrating the Queen.. and as far as finding a Coronation #58... I've only seen two in all my searching. The only other one resides in Australia amongst a giant collection.

16. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

True. Hmmm. I may have to sell my #66 that I already have now. Do any of you collectors see any point in having another #66 if you had the one I just bought? The one I have now is from Canada.

17. riffin

riffin Active Member

Ah...I think it IS a Coronation. Click on the "Enlarge Image" link and read the text inside the lid. I THINK it says:

The

Motherwell Bridge

Engineering Co., LTD

Coronation Year

It's hard to make out, but that's what it looks like to me. If its a special, it might not come a standard Coronation outer shipper. The picture doesn't show the outside of the display box.

In any case, before spending that kind of money, I think its wise to look at more than one picture. It may say "never used," but a close up of the doors might show fine scratches, or something.

The return policy DOES say that the seller may be forced to accept return if the item is not as stated.

An aside on EBay: I searched ebay.com for this with "Worldwide" and "Completed Listings" checked and couldn't find it. Looking at the Haul thread, I saw it was priced in BPs and went to ebay.co.uk and found it right away. Why didn't Worldwide find it? Also why are "Complete Listing" and "Include title and descriptions" (seemingly) mutually exclusive? Thanks. I want to sharpen my Ebay search skills.

18. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I am not sure. I asked the seller if there was crown on the lid of the case and they said no, so probably not unless they missed it.