Craftsman straight razor?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Paul76, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I have used the sniping programs in the past, but I perfer to snipe in real time. At my age it's about the most excitement I can handle;)

2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Never Used that Option Scott..I Like to Look through the Cross Hairs..:happy097:

Billy..:chores016:

3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

One bid, one kill :D.

Keithmax, mrchick, twhite and 2 others like this.
  4. Billyfergie

[​IMG]

Spyder likes this.
  5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

A problem with the sniping programs is that for them to work you have to agree to give them access to your computer... nuff said. :shocked003:

6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Might be a great excuse when SWMBO hollers when the postman delivers a big haul...." gee that sniper ware must have went rogue on me" :innocent

7. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

The shooter is shooting left handed.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  8. Billyfergie

When I Went through Royal Marine Commando Forces Training in the Late 70s..Any Man that was Left Handed that Couldn't Use a Right Handed Weapon with His Right Hand Failed the Course..Strict..But True..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Keithmax, mrchick, twhite and 2 others like this.
  9. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I am right handed but left eye dominant so I shoot left handed. I can shoot right hand just have a harded time of hitting anything.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Keithmax, mrchick, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've never used it either. No way I would let the Sniping program have control over my computer.

Billyfergie, Karl G and Spyder like this.
  11. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Considering that the unlock, eject, load, and rack shut pattern is VERY simple, you'd have to be extremely incompetent to not be able to load a bolt action with your off hand.

Mind you, if this was a professional sniper, his weapon would be customised for _left hand operation_. You know, like Colt designed.

(Pick up an old Colt revolver. Notice that to unload it, you have to move the revolver to your _left hand_ to operate the loading gate. The truly funny part? Until relatively recently, every manufacturer copied this "feature" blindly, without thinking about it. )

Keithmax, Spyder and Billyfergie like this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Although we seem to have wandered off the original query concerning 'Craftsman' razors, I will add that I found a 'Craftsman' (in my stack o' razors) that was made by GRS (Gebrüder Richartz & Söhne, a 100-year old Solingen knife, shears and razor manufacturer) that I picked up three years ago in an antique store. I haven't honed it yet (nor used it obviously), but aim to do so....eventually. ;)
    [​IMG]

Paul76, Keithmax, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
  13. Bookworm

I wonder if someone could take one with a big chip out of it to Sears and ask for a replacement :) It _is_ a hand tool!

Keithmax, Billyfergie and Spyder like this.
  14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Kevin,
    Yours doesn't appear to be a Sears Craftsman as their logo is different and Sears doesn't put the OEM name on their Craftsman products. It's a beautiful razor.

Billyfergie and Spyder like this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Thanks, Brian.
    Compare the logo on the vintage Sears 'Craftsman' blade box & double-edged blade (inset below) vs the etched logo on the blade and on the razor's box.

craftsman_logo_razor.jpg

Paul76, Keithmax, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  16. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I had a Craftsman Razor and Strop, and they worked well. The razor didn't have any maker's marks on it, other than the modern Craftsman logo. I traded it to @mrchick.

17. mrchick

I stand corrected. I had never seen that logo before. The following webpage shows it as being 1990's. I'm surprised to see that Sears was selling straights in the 90's. My razor has the 30's to 50's logo.
    https://www.craftsman.com/history

Keithmax, Spyder and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Bookworm

I think it's much older than that.

Spyder and mrchick like this.
  19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'd place the production date of this razor to the 1960s...at the latest.

Spyder likes this.
  20. mrchick

You are probably correct. I'm just having fun trying to research it.

Spyder likes this.