Craftsman straight razor?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Paul76, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Apparently the _earliest_ is 1927.

Spyder and Billyfergie like this.
  2. Bookworm

I see that style of logo, with the C being an underscore for the word, In their 1932 advertisement.

The 1940's advertisement has the 'block' C, the earlier ones were rounded. So it's a WWII era. By 1960, they went to the big 'sign' style craftsman logo.

mrchick, Spyder and Billyfergie like this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Per the GRS 'Craftsman' razor, the 'whale' logo stamped on the tang was trademarked by GEBR. RICHARTZ & SOHNE in 1954— so I would say with some confidence the production fell late 1950s to the 1960s.
    SafariScreenSnapz023.jpg
    whale.jpg

Paul76, Keithmax, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  4. Bookworm

Interesting. The Sears page shows that in the 50's, 'Craftsman' was in a more boxy shape, like a Denny's sign. I wonder if they used different logos for the tools themselves than they did for the ads (in the 50's)

5. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Bump

If you get the chance, this SR will not disappoint. Craftsman by Sta-Sharp is a outstanding piece of steel.

IMG_0982.JPG

Enrico, Paul76, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Stunning!

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Those are nice! I have a regular Sears and Roebuck one, shaves perfectly. Also have a 9207 missing the etch, a 9210 with worked spine 2F81F7F0-9749-4229-82FE-889562EA44DB.jpeg E4689156-BD29-4D13-879C-BDF814621DDF.jpeg 46ABB3B1-D9CD-42B4-B31F-0F1D8612DA0B.jpeg

mrchick, TestDepth, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

TestDepth, Paul76 and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Timwcic

Very nice. A craftsman in tortoiseshell had always been on by short list. Ran across a few in the wild, but were just to beat up by time to come home with me

10. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

We try our best.

Spyder likes this.
  11. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Thanks I had been looking for quite some time for a nice craftsman. The one you posted is the type that I had first seen that made me really want one. But it got away.

Spyder likes this.
  12. Timwcic

I got mine at a antique show years ago as NOS with coffin. Hope to find a tortoise as nice as yours on day

Spyder and Paul76 like this.
  13. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Wow nos, now that’s what I would love to find. I hit a few antique shops on my way home yesterday and couldn’t find anything in good enough condition to be worth it.