Cremo Cooling Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by BaldSoxFan, Jan 15, 2016.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm not yet 50 and can't remember the name of this site. Gonna go look up Mantic.

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The name of this site is The Shave Den, TSD for short :taunt002:

3. rustypixel

rustypixel Active Member

Nope. Not gonna get it. Not getting peer-pressured into buying another... aw crap... off to WM I go.

DentonMajik likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was in WallyWorld and saw another new (to me) product.
    Has anyone tried this? (edit; posted wrong product first time)

cremo lotion.gif

I purchased a tube of Lady Cremo for my Lady friend. Now it's off the shelf at the store, and not listed on their website. I keep asking her if she has tried it yet. She is under the impression she must finish the tub of Gingers Garden soap before starting number next.
    Sheesh, women. Can't get her to SAD with me.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Robyflexx likes this.
  5. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I like the Cremo shave cream. I have a couple of tubes of the original at home. I like to use it when I am in to much of a hurry to use a brush. Having said that, I would love to be able to use it with a brush. I have seen the new version at WalMart, but have yet to buy it and try it. Next trip to Walmart, I will have to get a tube.

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. rustypixel

rustypixel Active Member

I got the cooling cream from WM shortly after I saw this thread and I'm happy to say that it lathers nicely with a brush. I've incorporated this into my shaves by using the cream as my final/clean-up pass. After my initial two pass shave with whichever soap I choose, I rinse the brush and use the cooling cream for the last pass. The cooling sensation feels very nice on my face and I'm loving using it as my last step in my shaves. I'm a shower shaver so the tube stays in the shower and it's always there when needed.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    ninjack likes this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I hear ya Jeff. Brushless cream kind of defeats the porpoise, plus it doesn't take very long to make a lather from a soap. But if it works for some people then good for them. Whatever it takes to get a great shave.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I just bought the cool Cremo . And I like it very much.. Lol but since I've been using a brush... I forgot home to apply shave cream directly to my face.. I was looking at the tube and then at my hands and was like " how the hell do I do this? :signs002:"

9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

@RyX you want your lady friend to have an SAD along with you! This is funny stuff! :happy097:

GatorJoe and RyX like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sure! Then we can purchase gifts for one another! I passed her a long blue handled Ladies Gillette that was part of a lot. Shined up good as new, better than some of my other vintage units. She appreciates my "hobby" as I'm always clean shaven. Her shaves have improved as well. ;)

GatorJoe and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Robyflexx

I couldn't be more supportive, I think it's a great thing. You just have admit it's funny! :happy097:

GatorJoe likes this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

I do see the Enabler I have become, though it vexes me that she has been making a stack of stuff to be used later. I suggested she ought to give each product a weeks usage to see if any agrees with her. That would help me in finding other gifts if I knew what she enjoyed.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Robyflexx

@RyX what about approaching her with the idea of tossing the products to a rondomizer!? Maybe it would make it more fun and spontaneous. :)

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nope, she's hard headed.
    When I discovered Murray & Lanman's Florida Water she recalled it from years ago. I found a tallow soap by Gingers Garden with a very faithful matching scent. Through a mix up during the ordering/shipping I ended up with two. I don't think she's but smelled the soap. Or the Lady's Cremo. I believe she's still working with a sample I passed to her from Strop Shoppe. Being a stubborn one when she finds something she likes (me?) she sticks with it to the end. I guess I'll just go with the flow.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Robyflexx

Go with the flow then buddy, it's great that she supports and even participates. Good enough :happy088:

RyX likes this.
  16. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I stopped by Walmart last night to buy the new James Bond movie "Spectre", and went to the shave department and picked up the new Cremo cooling shave cream and tried it out. I was impressed with it. It was very slick, like the original Cremo, but had a very strong mint scent to it. I used my Omega boar hair brush to apply it, just to see if I could, and it worked. I wet the brush and put an almond size dollop on it then applied directly to my face and worked it in. I was able to do 3 passes without reloading the brush. I got a very good shave using the Cremo and it rinsed out of my Gillette Slim Adjustable razor very easily, which was nice. I will definitely use this on a regular basis. The mint smell was kind of strong though.

RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Robyflexx

Fantastic! So it lathers with a brush?

18. rustypixel

rustypixel Active Member

I've been using it for a week or so now and I can confirm it lathers with a brush. Unless I was inebriated when I used it... no, I'm pretty sure I think I wasn't. :D

RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Robyflexx

Awesome, :thanks: Will have to pick some up! :)

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm glad someone else said that. I've used regular Cremo with a brush face lathering. No complaints here. Next time I want to try the Cremo / VDH mix.

Robyflexx likes this.