Cremo Cooling Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by BaldSoxFan, Jan 15, 2016.

1. PaPa K

PaPa K Active Member

I lather it in the bowl and if I get to it with my 'ol Badger brush it will lather. It is rather a medium light lather and does tend to dissipate. But it does slick up my jowls and either my EJ Kelvin or Merkur 42c will give me a DFS with 2-3 passes, lathering again in between, on a single dose to the bowl. Keep in mind I am just getting back into the DE shave routine and do not have the vast experience (or even half-vast) some of you have. :rofl:

crackstar, ninjack and Robyflexx like this.
  2. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I've only tried it brushless and it did dissipate quickly. I've been using it now more as a pre and post, but maybe I should try a brush.

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Swiffer

Swiffer Active Member

I get a better shave with it as brushless than with a brush. As others have stated it dissipates quickly and doesn't seem to provide me enough slickness left over. As a brushless it works pretty well.

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Tralfaz

Tralfaz Active Member

Can the tube be opened in the store to check out the scent? Or is it "safety sealed for your protection"?

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. Swiffer

Swiffer Active Member

I seem to remember it is sealed.

6. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Yeah its sealed

Kilgore Trout and Robyflexx like this.
  7. samarijack

samarijack Active Member

Ha - so last weekend I was wiffing the aqua Velva in the grocery store to see I'd like it (never tried it). I gave the bottle a little squeeze to puff the aroma up to my nose. Well I must have gotten carried away as I squeezed it hard enough that some AS shot out of the bottle and went straight up my nose. Wow that gave me a shock.

I'm laughing so hard just recounting this story. I can't even imagine how funny it would haven been to anyone who may have seen me.

I didn't end up buying it. To "intense". Haha.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

Cremo lathers excellent with a brush and a very good value for the buck. Better check out
    Wally for the new one. Coconut Mango Moisturizing Concentrated Shave Cream. Verrry thick and creamy, extremely slick, nice scent, a great shaver!!! $5.99

gorgo2 and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think I'll have to research this one!!

DabblinRazors likes this.
  10. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

@samarijack, that's hilarious! I did exactly the same thing to my son in the store, "Here, smell this ... OOPS!" He didn't find it nearly as funny as I did.

I really like the Cremo Cooling by itself for a quick shave or I'll add it to another like Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street.

Robyflexx and Jorvaljr like this.
  11. Paul Turner

the same way Rise A.S. balm is applied-a careful squeeze. I guess that's the way with all balms.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  12. Technium

Technium Active Member

My daughter made off with my tube to shave her legs. I kinda liked it, but usually am drawn to my other soaps and creams first.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I haven't been seeing it lately.

14. Borderboss

Borderboss Active Member

I'm new to the forum. I just saw this stuff at Walmart and having heard radio ads for it, thought I would give it a try.

I really like it a lot. This is my first use of menthol in a shaving cream/soap, so that'll take a little getting used to. But I thought it lathered just fine and it didn't dissipate for me as others have reported. It was super slick too and I got the smoothest shave I've had in a while (I'm usually a Proaso and brush guy). I'm definitely going to switch over to this.

Oh, I used it brushless and thought it was fine. If I don't have to use the brush, that's one less thing to clean off in the morning.

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Except for me using a brush, I agree completely. Welcome.

Borderboss likes this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD @Borderboss ! You should find the newbie forum, introduce yourself, and sign up for the newbie giveaway.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the product. I haven't tried the Cooling variety, but I do like regular Cremo, and my Lady Friend likes the version for women.

Borderboss likes this.
  17. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

When I need a quick shave, the Cremo Cooling definitely does the job and I agree @Borderboss that it is quite slick. I used it just yesterday.

IMG_5446.JPG

RyX likes this.
  18. Borderboss

Borderboss Active Member

After a few days of using Cremo, I noticed that I was getting an unusually high number of "bleeders". That's what I call the little blood oozes you get from nicks you don't feel. While the shave was really smooth, I was getting a lot of bleeders and my face was feeling a bit more abused. So I used Proraso this morning, and no bleeders. The shave was pretty much just as smooth.

I'll keep experimenting with Cremo, but the jury is still out for me on whether or not I'll switch permanently away from Proraso.

19. Paul Turner

I'll face the same decision when I run out of my Rise Super Foams. I'll have to "do the math" as they say. I won't need to worry about it for quite a while yet, but the Cremo does look inviting. As for your "bleeders"-what is your pre-shave routine?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  20. Paul Turner

I see you have a Chiseled Face. I'll be buying one in the near future, but not from their website. I had a password issue with it that resulted in me saying "Ahh, what the heck?".