Cremo Horse Hair Brush??

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by poppi, Apr 22, 2017.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I was in our local Target store the other day and noticed the Cremo Horse Hair brush and was wondering about it. I think it's a rebranded Vie-Long but not sure.

Also, I've never used a horse hair brush but it sure felt soft and I like soft.

So, does anyone have info on this brush and how do horse hair brushes compare to badger/synthetics?

Thanks in advance and enjoy those shaves

MR41 likes this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I love all 3 of my vie-long horse brushes. I rate them softer then a boar but not badger soft. Good backbone and my soaps love them. I use them with creams too. I know nothing of the cremo brush though.

MR41 likes this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I just bought a Vie-Long 12061 horse hair. Someone posted that it was the same as the Cremo. (it may have been Wchmu) I' m liking it more with each use. It really is like a middle ground between badger and boar. Backbone and scrub, but holds water well.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nope not me. But I do like a horse hair brush!

MR41 likes this.
  5. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I purchased one of the Cremo brushes a few weeks ago and think it is pretty decent. I, like you, had never used a horse hair brush and wanted to try one. It was relatively cheap using a $1 off Cremo coupon and 5% off with the Target Red card. It hasn't shed a bit and I have used it roughly just under 10 times. It is rather small for me to use as a daily driver, and I bought it mainly for easy of travel. It fits nicely in an empty medication tube. It does hold quite a bit of water easily, has decent backbone, and is soft but scritchier then a new synthetic. Overall I have been pleased and would recommend it. Typically I prefer larger size brushes so for me this is the only down side to using regularly.
    Steve

MR41 and Jorvaljr like this.