Cremo Lathering Shave cream.. first impression

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by 1976MGB, Feb 9, 2017.

1. 1976MGB

1976MGB Active Member

My wife actually saw it at Target about a week ago and bought it for me in the sandalwood scent. I used it that evening. My initial thoughts and first impression.

The fragrance is light, and clean. Not an overpowering Sandalwood.. I liked it.

The cream is pretty thick, easy to load and starts to lather well. At first it stayed thick and a bit sticky and was easy to lather, however the lather starts to collapse pretty quickly and wasn't very slick. I added more water, the lather exploded and became SUPER slick. Again, the lather starts to fade rapidly.

By the time I made a couple swipes on my cheeks, the lather had dissipated almost everywhere so I just kept rebuilding the lather.
    The shave went well, however I was left with a lot of irritation on my neck. I used a straight razor and I would not recommend that with this cream. My skin was left very soft and moisturized despite the irritation.
    Next shave.... Single pass with a Slim adjustable.
    I was in a hurry, lathered up ( lather died quickly again but left it slick ) and did a quick one pass shave. It was great! Super slick, no irritation good post shave feel.

Would I recommend it? SURE, your results may vary. I wouldn't suggest it with a SR, but for a quick DE shave it was fine.

TLDR
    Easy to find, $8, Slick but lather was less than desirable, good post shave feel, lots of irritation when using a SR. Worth a try

Attached Files:

MR41 and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've used the squeeze tubes of Regular & Cooling, got a tube of Ladies for my Lady Friend. My local Kroger's just starting stocking Sandalwood & Coconut Mango. First I've seen it in tubs.
    [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

3. 1976MGB

1976MGB Active Member

Apparently it's a new release currently only available at Target stores. They are going to get it on Target website and Amazon soon.
    It's their " lathering" version to be used with a brush. However the actual lather is a bit lacking..

4. Borderboss

Borderboss Active Member

I've tried the cream in a tube with a brush and be underwhelmed. The lather is thin and not very slick.

AS Ryx said, I've not seen the tub before. But it doesn't sound any better than the stuff in a tube. Thanks for the review, so I know I can pass on this one.

RyX likes this.
  5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Picked some up today so we'll see how it works.

Jorvaljr and RyX like this.
  6. r1nzler

r1nzler Member

I actually just started shaving with safety blades.

From newb perspective, this stuff is very slick for about 30 seconds then degrades fast. But if you keep wetting your face it rejuvenates like 3 or 4 more times, then its done. I end up using 2-3 almond size dollups per shave.

Not bad for a walmart cream.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I used a squirt on my Williams puck tonight...works pretty good together. Makes the lather a bit creamier and gets rid of that wonderful Williams stench.

8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Save your money. If you have a Bath & Body Works nearby, head over and pick up C O Bigelow's Premium Shaving Cream(aka Proraso Green) $10 for the large tube.