Cremo Sandalwood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Tiredricefarmer, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Recieved a tub from my daughter as part of my Christmas. The scent was nice and pleasant. Was able to work a nice creamy lather but the nice surprise was the slickness. Super slick! I had a very nice comfortable 3-pass shave, using my new Stirling finest badger brush, Merkur 34C with a Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow on it's 4th shave. The post shave feel is great! It was a DFS! This may be a keeper!

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Have not seen the Sandalwood around here but the Original irritates me slightly. Menthol for me.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  3. Tiredricefarmer

She found it at Target here in Jonesboro. I can't tell you how surprised I was with the performance of this shave cream. This shave was almost as good as some of my better soaps.

gorgo2 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. toc

toc Member

I tried this cream a while back and could not get it to lather to save my life. Bummer because I like their brush-less cream for travel.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  5. Tiredricefarmer

I did a bowl lather. I did feel the need to use more product and more water than I normally do with my soaps and the lather didn't seem quite as dense.

sdguero and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  6. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

I also had trouble getting this cream to lather the first time I used it. However, I tried a second time and bowl-lathered, and created a very creamy, slick lather. Like you I used just a bit more product, a bit more water, and a bit more patience.

7. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Ive got a tub of the Cremo and I find that you need to use a lot more product than youre used to because its so creamy. Unless you really shake a lot of water out of your brush, its going to be way too wet.

8. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I have a tub of this, and find that it provides a very acceptable lather. The scent is nice.

Cremo reformulated it to improve the lather. You can look on Google to see if you have the new formula.

9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I suppose I will have to take a trip to Target, (I feel like I died a bit inside typing that word) to try the Cremo.
    SWMBO did get me a cremo horse hair brush from Target, and I like it quite a bit, so the cream should be good as well.

Do they have it in a tub, or is just in a tube?

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jorvaljr like this.
  10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

It’s in a white orange rimmed tub

11. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

My experience with it as well. I discarded my first result bowl lathering. got it second try and really enjoyed the during and after feel. I like the scent...not super strong or anything but very comfortable and pleasant. if I ever needed any id rebuy. I think ill try a Barbasol mix next time! 346x0f4[8].jpg

CarlfromMO likes this.