Crown King (PAA) Pineapple Bayrum review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by LevelupShaves, Jul 9, 2017.

1. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Shaved with some pineapple Bayrum Crown King soap for the third time today and wanted to post a quick review of it. I received this soap in an I'd Lather Be Shaving coffee mug I bought from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements which is a great YouTube show on vintage Shaving that I highly recommend. Anyways the coffee cup came with 2 ounces of Crown King pineapple Bayrum so I put it in my regular shaving mug and started using it.
    The scent is nice but a little light it doesn't really jump out until you start lathering up. It's a very fresh bayrum scent less clovey than VIBR bit spicier than Col Conk bayrum and it's nicely balanced out with a backup note of pineapple. Simply put this soap smells like the tropics and it's awesome just wish the scent was stronger.
    Crown King is more of a crop than soap so it is very soft and very easy to load and lather. It's also not a very thirsty soap so it doesn't take a very wet brush at all. This soap creates a decently thick lather that's fairly dense though not as thick or pillowy as a Stirling or Barrister and Mann. The nicest thing about this soap though is that even the newest of newbs could get a good lather from this soap with very little effort. All in all I would say this soap falls in the high middle of good lather but it's really easy to use.
    This is a slick soap and with each passing it just gets better and better. I would feel comfortable going back over a spot no problem with the residual slickness provided by this soap. There's enough slickness in this soap to foget it's vegan and therefore doesn't have tallow in it. Once again the ease of use for this soap shines because it doesn't take a lot of work or dialing in your water ratio to get this slickness it's just kind of there.
    Post shave is another place this soap shines the Kocum, Shea, and cocoa butter in this soap really make themselves known. I only used a splash of VIBR post shave this morning and could still feel the smoothness and softness on my face. It really felt like I had used a balm or lotion even though I hadn't. This is probably my second favorite post shave soap so far B&M being number one.
    Value is a little tough with this particular soap because it came with a coffee cup that I bought to support a YouTube show I enjoy (I'd Lather Be Shaving you should check it out). Instead I looked at other scents in the Crown King line the pricing runs 14.95 for a four ounce tub. Pretty standard price for Artisan soap so not a bad deal also not Stirling level good deal either. The price is definitely fair though and the soap is definitely worth it so pick some up if you're interested I doubt you would regret it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

there's also an "I'd Lather Be Shaving" bumper sticker for cars, I believe. Nice review-I look forward to buying some products from PAA later this year.

LevelupShaves likes this.