Crowne & Crane-Thuringian Forest

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

This was my first shave with a Crowne & Crane soap. The Thuringian Forest scent it great. The soap lathers very easily and I was able to load my brush with more than enough lather for 3+ passes. I got a very close, smooth, burn free shave…………and on the 7th day for this Gillette “Spoiler” SS blade. I am glad I tried it in spite of already having too many soaps………….

“Thuringian Forest has a very complex and manly scent profile. It starts off with top notes of Bergamot, Lemon, Clary Sage, Aldehydes and Juniper, bolstered by middle notes of Geranium, Lavender, Orange Blossom, Clove, Nutmeg, Pimento and Red Oak. All of those exquisite scents build upon the earthy base notes of Cedarwood, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Musk and Coffee. When combined, they intermingle into an amazingly complex men's cologne fragrance that is deep, warm and woody.”

"Ingredients: Potassium Tallowate, Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aloe Vera Juice, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Fragrance, Potassium Shea Butterate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Lactate, Glycerin, Tussah Silk"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Wow what a great sounding soap.

Bobcat likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I concur with Bob's assessment.
    I've several of the C&C soaps (including Thuringian Forest) and all are top performers with wonderful scents. :happy088:

Paul Turner and Bobcat like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

It'll be on my list for " mustbuy 17 "

Bobcat and Demidog like this.
  5. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Same here. I can't wait to try some. I have more unused soaps than I have room for at the moment but perhaps I'll find someone willing to trade. Is this a soft or a hard soap? I see that they sell pucks and I'm wondering if I can buy a full tub first and then fill it with replacement pucks after I run out.

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

DD-It is more of a croap. You can absolutely put a puck in your own jar or use pucks after you finish the first jar.

Demidog likes this.
  7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It does sound great!

Demidog and Bobcat like this.