crystal and personna reds

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by x_z_1, Jun 10, 2009.

1. x_z_1

x_z_1 New Member

How do these two blades stack up against each other. Also, are the red pack personna's legit since ASR has no knowledge about them at all.

2. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Personally for me all the Made In Israel blades are good and its performance is great.IP,RPIP or the ones with generic names like Tesco o Continente blades are just great.You can find cool deals on them too.

3. azshaver

azshaver Member

And, to confuse the issue, none of them are good for me. That is why you see so many recommendations to get a sample pack with a wide variety of blades.

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:happy102 That's what always cracks me up about blade recommendations, they are always such a YMMV kind of thing.

Now if Ray were to come in here, he would say Red IP's are all you'll ever need, then get mad about the YMMV!

5. I would like to answer to this questions!

First Let me says that both are different blades. I personnally like the reds i think they are a little bit sharper.

Regarding the reds being legit! They are! They have the personna brand now, so they know them. Perhaps they didn't know about the previous reds, but the new ones they konw.

Hope this answers your questions!

Dark

6. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Dark,you that sell both of them,whats the difference between the new red pack and the old red pack?
    Thanks man

7. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

yep. that's mr. ymmv for you.

as for the Red Pack v. Israeli Personna: I don't notice a huge difference. Both are manufactured well- never ran across a bum blade yet. they're both mild on the sharpness scale and I find them to be smooth.

I'm like Ray. I don't really need any blade other than the Red Pack, but I like variety so I have a few other brands laying around.

8. x_z_1

x_z_1 New Member

Oh ya, one more question.
    I have heard mention about the old personna reds and "new" personna reds. Are they basically the same blade or did they completely redo it?

I just tried a crystal blade and it seemed to be exactly like a personna red. It did give me a closer shave; however I was more aggressive in my shaving (compared when using the personna red) so I cannot say for sure which one is "better". They both seem to be equally as good, but the personna reds are slightly cheaper so I will go with them.

9. x_z_1

x_z_1 New Member

Didnt they have the personna brand before? Their name was on it and still is, how did they NOT know about them before?

10. For Clarification!

The Blades are all made in Israel. Both the Reds and the Blue.

As for the New Reds with the Circular PERSONNA logo, this is now the standard logo of personna. See other personna blades with this logo.

Regarding the old design, this was actually blades that are old new stock. From what I know this blades were made probably in 2003 or 2004. And no one knowns about this in the ASR Verona because it has being too long to recall.

As for the new ones and the old ones, I only had about 3 samples from the old blades so I tested them against the new and I could see a very small difference. Less passes on the new blades to get a nice shave! A little bit sharper! But the old ones are still good, don't get me wrong. The benefit of the new ones is that you know that they were made in 2008 and are currently stock for this year. Until there is a change!

Any other questions, let me know.

Dark

11. x_z_1

x_z_1 New Member

OK so they are still being made. I read an old post of yours on another forum and you suggest that they may no longer be in production.

12. Yeah,

I saw your post in b&b. The ones that are not made are the Old Stock! Please check the page 6 on the israeli blades guide.

The new ones I see are currently on stock by me only. I am not sure that if by 2010 they will have a different package as since now i know 3 different red pack previous to the new one. Please see the pictures and I will explain here:

The first one is the first package ever made with the blades, i dont know production time.( There were two manufactures here: One was LORD and the other one was ASR in Israel) Lord was made in Egypt: No longer made.

The next one will be the one that says: Badger and Blade on it: Sorry i don't have any other pic. These blades were well know for a while and everyone has this blade package still for sell (See sampler packs from westcoastshaving). Manufactured probably between 2004 to 2005. No longer made. But stocked by plenty of shops.

Next were the ones that have the two packages in picture, see top picture: It has the Personna Name and has 5 Blades/ Navajas/ Laminas on it. The one on top was I think for 2006-2007. This are no longer made. Initial step to current package design

And finally the one in the bottom has the circular logo personna which is for 2008 - 2009 . Which I do not know if they will make this for next year. It looks like they are doing the change ever 2 years. I currently stock plenty so no need to worry yet!

Hope this explains a little bit more.

Take care guys!

Dark

Attached Files: