Crystal Blade question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Will, Jun 29, 2007.

1. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

Michael,

Speaking of German Wilkinsons, do you know what the difference is between the Black Label and the White Label blades? They have the same description on Tryphon's web site. How would you compare the German Wilkinsons to the Swedish Gillette?

Also, Tryphon says the Super-Max Platinum are 'the world's best selling DE blade'. Have you tried these and what do you think of them?

2. Will

Will Nevermind

I got the Crystals and yes they are the same. :D

3. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Crystals are my favorites! But today, SWMBO wanted to visit Bed, Bath and Beyond, this one has a large toiletry section, so along with the toothpaste, etc...
    I picked up some of the German Wilkinsons, 5/$1.99. I've tried the UK's and the classics made in England but we'll see how the Germans stack up.
    Always something different! :D

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Make sure you let us know how they work

Thanks again for the Crystals.

5. PottyDoctor

German Wilkinsons at Bed, Bath and Beyond! Who'd a thunk' it? :confused:

I gotta' check out our local BB&B and see if they got any such section.

Thanks for the tip! :D

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

OK Ron, here's what I found out. I wondered why not ever BBB had a large section of bath and beauty products so I asked. That section of their store is stocked by Harmon Drugs they cut a deal with BBB to have this section and the manager I spoke to didn't know how many were eventually going to have one. The blades are on the Harmon website at 5/$1.99.
    Sorry if you don't have one in your area. :(

7. PottyDoctor

Never heard of Harmon Drugs in this neck o' the woods!

8. Greenstreet

Greenstreet New Member

I believe Crystals are the same.

The patent number, however, is not held by ASR. It is a 1959 patent on how to coat blades with Teflon(r) and it's held by Gillette. You can't escape.

9. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Interesting news Greenstreet, Thanks!

10. fritz

fritz New Member

I've been to Australia 3 times (from the US), so I guess I'm a golden shellback with two oak clusters? Got to cross both of them going and coming back, surely?

11. fritz

fritz New Member

Really interesting, indeed. I thought patents were only good for 17 years, not so? I guess you could still quote the patent number, even though it's expired. But you wouldn't have to pay to use it.:confused:

12. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

I'm a shellback. Crossed the line in 1991 while onboard the USS Beaufort ATS-2.

13. Will

Will Nevermind

Kitty Hawk 2001 to 2004. I am sure you are farmiliar with that ship. ::

14. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

The old law was 17 years but since June 1995 it's 20 years. Quite often the license fee is a one-time payment, not a per item charge.

There are valid reasons for displaying expired patent numbers but I have no idea what it would be in this instance.

The application for this patent was made in 1959 but the patent wasn't granted until 1963 which is when the clock started running.

Richard

15. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Yes, very familiar. The Kitty Hawk is currently inport for the Holidays.

I've been here quite a few years and it occurs to me that we have likely passed by each other in the Exchange or perhaps McDonalds’. Small world.

16. Crag

Crag Member

Pollywogs' Revolt! I got to 'dress up'! I had a blast! BUT, did you enter the Realm of the Czars?

:D

Crag

17. Crag

Crag Member

OOps...double post

18. fairlite

fairlite New Member

Can i ask a DUMB question?????

What is an IP? I know I have one for my internet connection. :) But what does a razor need one for? :) Haha

No Seriously what does it stand for? Just trying to learn all the acronyms.

Pete

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's a brand of blade.

IP = Israeli Personnas

20. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

No stupid questions here.....well most of the time