Custom Lady Eversharp Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jimjo1031, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

For a while now, I've been wanting to shorten a long handled Schick razor, to mimic the Lady Eversharp Travel razor. And when I found a better replacement Lady Eversharp for my GF, I had a razor to work on. My original thought was to get a ferrule without a hole, like the ones @Jayaruh has put on Gem and Ever-Ready handles, made by @twhite. I still plan on doing that, but as usual, I was bored. I kept looking at the Lady Eversharp and came up with this idea. First pic showing an original Lady Eversharp razor..........
    20180405_185936_preview.jpg

Second pic after I cut the handle near it's end cap. Then removing some of the plastic inside the end cap, about 3/8", and seeing a separate piece inside. Probably held on by heating and pressing to the handle, or by the handle being formed while the end cap was in the mold. Either way, it worked out great. I did remove some of the plastic inside the plastic end with a de-burring bit for better adhesion when using the epoxy..........
    20180405_192915_preview.jpg

After determining the length I wanted to make the handle, I cut the handle down. You'll notice here that even with the rotary tool at it's lowest speed, it does melt the plastic a bit, but no big deal. Then I reduced the diameter down to where the end will be fitted to the end cap..........
    20180405_202613_preview.jpg

This pic showing everything epoxied in place and finished..........
    20180405_204930_preview.jpg

Final pic comparing it's size with a Lady Eversharp and one of my Hydro-Magics. It's about 1/10" shorter than the Hydro-Magic and with it's round shaped handle, it really feels good in the hand.........
    20180405_205158_preview.jpg

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Wow! Jim, that came out great! It really does look stock and the proportions look fine.

Will you be using it, or is it for your girlfriend?

TestDepth, Enrico and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. chrisgeeo

chrisgeeo Well-Known Member

Cool idea and excellent execution!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. jimjo1031

Oh, I'll be using it. That's why I got her the pink one. I always liked the shorter Schicks better, and this one just feels right.

TestDepth and Jim99 like this.
  5. jimjo1031

Thank you very much.

TestDepth and chrisgeeo like this.
  6. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

Wow!! That looks awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jimjo1031

Thank you.

TestDepth likes this.
  8. Pilotcld

I’m going to have to find something like the original Razor for my wif.. I mean, SWMBO. She recently has started showing interest in using a SE injector or DE for shaving her legs! I’m happy to say I am slowly converting her to real shaving!

Enrico and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very very :signs021: :happy093::happy096:

TestDepth, Pilotcld and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. jimjo1031

Thank you sir.

TestDepth and Enrico like this.
  11. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

I love projects like this and you nailed it! Such cool personalization.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. jimjo1031

Thank you, besides having to be a bit careful, it wasn't a hard project to do.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Enrico and TestDepth like this.
  13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Very neat project!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  14. jimjo1031

Thanks, it was a fun one.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

I just want to add that I had one shave with this razor so far and it was excellent. The grip is fantastic and helps with great control. The aggressiveness is perfect for me and just might become my favorite injector razor .

Pilotcld and TestDepth like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is cool. I have a Golden 500 that I cut down. I want to get an APC .45 cartridge and put it on the end. If someone out there has one they would send me, I would be much appreciative.
    [​IMG]

TestDepth, jimjo1031 and Pilotcld like this.
  17. Pilotcld

If there’s a gun range anywhere near you I bet that you could talk the range into giving you leftover brass

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

That razor was my first choice, until I realized I couldn't put a ferrule I had from @twhite on it cause of the oval like shape of the handle. Now an empty brass case should work because it can be formed to fit . Good idea Jim. I still would like to use one of his ferrules on a Lady Eversharp for a different style.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    TestDepth and Pilotcld like this.