Daily Dose of Decadence: Feb 3rd - 10th

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Will, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

Yum city

It's my daughter's birthday today, and I'm gonna cook her favorite dinner. BBQ beer butt chicken (aka chicken on a can), spanish rice, grilled corn-on-the-cob, and for dessert--peach cobbler.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup, W/ Grilled cheese (American on Texas Toast). :D

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Hey, Doc, ever make your own Texas Toast? The garlic variety, I mean? I like the frozen stuff, so I decided to try my own. I use fresh Italian bread from the grocery store, brush a little ev olive oil on both sides, then butter both sides (can you hear the arteries closing up?), a little kosher salt and sprinkle with chopped fresh thyme. Under the broiler on a sheet pan til it's brown enough to suit (and then flip it of course). Careful...easy to overdo!! Don't ask me how I know that!

Then, when it's done, slice a peeled garlic clove in half and rub that sucker all over both sides of the toast. Now, I'm getting hungry!!

I've tried it with just olive oil, just butter and with both. Both wins - but the others ain't bad!! :eatdrink020

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I will have to give that a shot, thanks for the idea.:D

I haven't made my own yet.

5. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

I was at a restaurant with friends:

Millefeuille de crabe (Crab Napoleon)
    Râble de lapin au chèvre et à l’ail (Saddle of rabbit with garlic and goat’s cheese)
    Crème catalane (kind of crème brûlée with lavender)

6. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

No PICTURE! :eek:

Man, it must be tough living in France.... drool.....

7. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

What's tough is the morning after... God that was heavy...

Something lighter:
    [​IMG]

8. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

OI ! if im not mistaken Sushi roles with genuine Japanese sticky Rice ?

It is hard to beat anything in France some of the Michelin star chefs are out of this world cooking wise. The cheese in France.. oi oi oi oi .... I wont say wine lately been getting great tasting wines from Australia , South Africa and Argentina .

9. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

No! You made THAT! OHMYGOD...... :drool :drool