DE blades, What's the story?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by alphage, May 2, 2008.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Oh. And I see you've done well in the movies toooooo..

2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

That would be moi.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Ancient thread, but I can't resist adding the fact that if you're paying 20 cents for a DE blade you're either buying Feather or Kai, which is fine if that's what you like, or you're really buying the others wrong. You can get 100 Voskhod/Rapira etc. direct from Russia for around $10 shipped most of the time, $15 is high end for that.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  4. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Bic Sensitive and Personna Sensitive disposable blades are great for disposables, but they are probably the least aggressive shavers on planet earth. I found it impossible to achieve DFS with either, although the Personna was better. The reason I toss my DE blades after 3 shaves is because I like to use different razor/blade combinations. I could probably get 2 or 3 more shaves per blades than I do, but I enjoy changing things up. Most of us wet shavers have a nice stockpile of blades, so worrying about how many shaves we get isn't very important. And I recommend you search ebay for blades. You can get 100 packs with free shipping for under $9.

5. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Wait, were people using DE razors all the way back in 2008?
    ;)

6. Borderboss

Borderboss Active Member

Those plastic things are just so light and crappy to handle. I haven't used them in years.

With a DE, I get to use a Fatboy made in 1959, same as me. You can't say that about a disposable.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    @RetLEO-07 strikes again.
    I remember reading this thread back when I was still a lurker on this forum, before I officially joined it. :)

NCoxSTL and BigMike like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Yes, it was me. :eek:

Carbide Mike likes this.