DE kit Questions

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jhymel, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Jhymel

Jhymel Member

I'm sure most of you know about these from maggard etc. I'm at the point where there are just too many options. Which is great for later on by for a beginner it's tough. I want to get a good all in one set up and I've been emailing with whipped dog. They have a solid price on a de razor brush blades and soap. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with him and his de set up.

I've read good stuff but if it's better to spend a little more and get a set up from maggard let me know. I've seen all the suggested razors but as I said I would rather get everything at once. Sorry if I am repetitive. I'm ready to order something just want to get final opinions.
    Thanks!

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I know a ton of people have dealtwith Larry at whipped dog.
    I have yet to hear a negative word.
    Many have stated they took Larry's suggestions and never regretted it.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Larry @ whippeddog is a great vendor. I am sure he will provide a solid starter kit for you.

4. Jhymel

Jhymel Member

Well two in a row is good enough for me. Thanks!

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Can't say enough about how great Larry is to deal with. You're in good hands with him.

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

you won't go wrong there.

7. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Larry is a great guy. I would trust his suggestions.

9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've never done any business with WhippedDog as of yet, but I've never heard a bad word about him either. I'd say go with him, not only for his products but for his advice..:)

10. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

Don't know about whippeddog, but I got a kit from Maggard, and I would highly recommend them for both their products and their customer service.

11. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

I think the Maggards are great people, their customer service it top of the line, their razor heads not so much. I have one Maggard razor that I bought for the handle and it takes quite a bit of fiddling around to get the blade in proper alignment, not something I'd recommend for someone starting out. I used it about three times and decided it wasn't worth the trouble so I put the handle on an EJ DE87.

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Flip a coin, or have that beautiful baby choose. I don't think you will go wrong either way.

13. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Larry Good!

maltedmilk likes this.
  14. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I have not heard any negatives on Larry. I have ordered from Maggards however. Either one should be a good choice.

15. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Fire bad!

16. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I was going for. I'm glad someone got it. :cool:

maltedmilk likes this.
  17. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

We are extremely fortunate to have the great vendors we have here. Between TSD, Larry at WD, Maggard, et al, we cannot go wrong. I am sure you will be happy, with either one you choose.