DE Safety Razor Wall Racks?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by mark_s, Feb 16, 2012.

1. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

As a collector of firearms, I've learned that a new safe/rack provides space waiting to be filled. :) So, with that in mind, what are you folks using as wall mountable safety razor holders? Not aiming to possess dozens of razors, but I'd like some space to keep perhaps 8-10 at the ready and on display. Thanks!

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Here is one that Shawna and I made. It was her idea to put the pegboard in a picture frame.

mark_s likes this.
  3. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

Very nice! And the picture frame really makes a difference. Well done. Thanks for the reply/idea!

Conrad1959 likes this.
  4. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Nice! What a collection!

5. stingraysrock

Thanks Ya'll!

This project can be scaled up or down and works much better than a spoon collector's rack, plus it does not hog up counter space like some rack systems such as test tube racks.

Another option would be to epoxy rare earth magnets on the end of the handle and screw a metal strip under a cabinet or other surface. You can do the same thing with shave brushes too. I just use Velcro dots on the end of the brush handles for now, but I may get around to magnets some day.

mark_s likes this.
  6. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

That's genius at work!

7. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

Start haunting the flea markets and antique shops for those wall mount spoon display racks.

mark_s likes this.
  8. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

Very good idea. And, already assembled, which is good for me.

9. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Interesting Found the same ones at Lowes. My are the screw on ones and I use them on the inside back wall of my mirrored cabinets. Work well.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Here's mine. I've completed it since then and it's full :D

11. Rob72

Rob72 Member

Not what you were talking about, but I'm refurbing an old silverware chest. Royal blue velvet, white satin upper trim interior, with black leather retaining straps fixed with brass slats & screws, and a dark walnut poly exterior finish. Its gonna be awhile. I just finished widening the notches in the lower rack, and dunking it in wood hardener. Outside is sanded, and getting first coat this weekend...

12. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

I picked up a wall mount spoon holder from a local Goodwill store for a ridiculously low price. I'm going to have to use a step drill bit to enlarge some of the holes for my fatter handles, but it's a great, cheap place to start.

mark_s likes this.
  13. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Hi looked a spoon racks this weekend. The ones that I saw might not be wide enough to accommodate razors. Will have to bring some with me to measure. Pipe rack might fit better?

14. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

With the spoon racks, you may have to turn the DE razors 90 degrees so the short edge is out.

15. stingraysrock

True, or, use every other slot. I had to widen all of the slots on the one I have (had?) I am not sure if it is still around. If it is, I will see about getting a pic up.

16. The Soph Gent

The Soph Gent Member

Here's a spoon rack I found but didn't bite on it. I do not have a lot of wall space.

Attached Files:

mark_s likes this.