DE Vs Injector Vs SE razors.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    I started DE shaving to get away from carts and I do still use a DE, I tried an injector and liked it even more with the Schick blades. I read the reason for my better shaves is that the injector blades are thick and don't flex like the DE blades. When the DE blade flexes it cuts you when returning to the rest position. I found this a convincing argument. Now we have an array of SE razors that take the artist club SE blades that are considered to be better than the injector blades. I haven't used a SE razor yet but I'll soon put one through the test.
    If the injector blades are not as good as the AC ones (here I stand corrected), it only means they will shave better than injectors.
    Any thoughts please>

2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

You'll have to define"better" and even then it's undoubtedly a YMMV situation. The only thing you can be certain of is that the wider AC blades have a built-in efficiency advantage since they cover more area, while the regular injector blades have a maneuverability edge. There are a range of blades of each type and they all have different characteristics. My two favorite razors of the moment are the Hawk and the PAL Injectomatic..I'd be hard pressed to say one shaves better than the other.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Injectors for me - ( especially the PAL's)......:transport022:

4. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

I have
    I haven't yet tried an SE so it's good to know from an experienced member that your faves are both injectors and AC. Do you see any difference other than the area the blade covers?

5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    This Particular PAL Injectomatic Shaves like a Dream with Current Schick Injector Blades..You can use a Cut Down Feather Pro Blade in any Injector if You Wish..This Injector in My Humble Opinion is a Superior Shaver to the Classic Cobra that Costs a Fortune as I have Used it..:)

Billy..:chores016:

6. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I thought that DE blades were curved to keep them under tension so that they don't flex. I have heard that because SE blades last longer however. I've seen some people say that they get great shaves whether they use an SE or a DE, but there are also a ton of people who seem to fall completely in love with SE razors immediately after trying them and never look back. I guess it's just yet another case of your mileage may vary.

7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Always have to show off the rare Prince Edition dontcha?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SE Blades are Far More Rigid than DE Blades by Design..Injector Blades & Feather Pro Type Blades in Particular..If You Wanna Talk Real Rigid then a Hollow Ground Blade SE like My C V Heljestrand & Rolls Razors Cant be Competed with..These Aint No Girly Mans SEs..:happy097:

9. Robyflexx

It's so beautiful Billy! :love055:

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    They Look like Somethin from a Joe 90 Spy Kit but as You will Remember Roby..Joe 90 was Almighty..:kar:

Spyder and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Robyflexx

Almighty is right Billy! :happy036:

Spyder and Billyfergie like this.
  12. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Personally I prefer the sharpness of the AC blades, but I do not care for the size of them. On the underside of my jaw, and on both sides of my neck, I have to go at it from two different angles because the blade does not fit. I much prefer the nimble little injector heads from that perspective.

On the plus side for AC style, I have yet to try an injector that comes close to the efficiency of the Mongoose. That just means I have to spend a little more time cleaning up with the injector. That is really fine by me, because I enjoy the time I spend shaving. I don't think I am losing time either, because the Mongoose for instance, is not a razor you want to rush with, because you are liable to flay half your face off if you don't pay attention.

For me, injectors win out overall. When you combine the smaller head with the comfort factor, they are my first choice. Couple that with the fact that you can (if you want) trim down an AC blade, it only ices the cake.

I enjoy both types, and have honestly lost interest in almost all of my DE's. They simply shave my face more comfortably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twhite, Billyfergie, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  13. LSUfanBR

LSUfanBR Well-Known Member

14. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I'm a big fan of injectors. Used to be solely Schicks but my friends Roby (@Robyflexx ) and Tom (@twhite) convinced me that PAL injectors are equal (if not better) than the Schicks.

twhite and Robyflexx like this.
  15. LSUfanBR

I'm currently looking at injectors as well, but I have a question you may be able to answer. Will any injector blade fit any injector razor? I am getting mixed answers searching online.

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I need more information. Vintage Schicks and PALs use one kind of blade. Whereas some modern injectors require feather blades.

Robyflexx and LSUfanBR like this.
  17. LSUfanBR

That pretty much answered my question. Thanks!

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. Robyflexx

Right on Chris! :happy088:

americanshamrock and twhite like this.