DECember 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2017.

?

What would you like to find in your stocking this Christmas?

1. A decadent Gillette Toggle or other rare vintage DE

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. A decadent mint condition SE razor from the early 20th century

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. A decadent vintage straight razor, restored to perfection.

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. A puck or two of your favorite decadent soap or cream

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. A luxurious and decadent High Mountain Badger brush (or your favorite type)

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. A plate of decadent cookies.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  7. Anything besides a lump of coal. Because coal isn't decadent. It's just depressing.

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

A very kind, unexpected, and generous gift showed up in my mailbox today courtesy of Adam @Drygulch . An amazing smelling sample of Jeeves of Hudson Street Bay Rum! Thank you very much Adam! Just in time for Decadent December!

20171130_163219.jpg

MR41, Keithmax, wristwatchb and 14 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic way to kick of Decadent December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I'm down with a little Decadence! When I recently took possession of JR #223, I told @Jayaruh I would adorn it with some of the finest vintage razors. This will be a great opportunity to do just that and show off few axes. Although I may hang some modern bobbles about it as well.

So, the brush will be the focal point. It's my first synthetic and I'll concentrate on my face lathering technique with Stirling being the soap of choice.

I don't shave every day, but I'll document the month.

This was today's shave....as a warm up.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MR41, Jim99, Keithmax and 14 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

SEptember was good for SE's. OCtober very enjoyable using OC's. NOVember taxed my minimal Focus skills but I did my best hanging with my Clone. I'm in and been looking forward to the fuzzily descriptive decadence of DECember.

Now I can root around and pull out various and assorted hard & software. For my Focus I'm going to concentrate on making every lather as luxurious as possible. No meh soaps, or lack luster suds. Decadence!

Jim99, Keithmax, wristwatchb and 13 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful lineup. The razor is stunning.

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I haven't been into excessive self-indulgence, but have found great pleasure through simplicity over the last number of months. After a marginal shave with my Barbasol Floating Head the other night, I decided to put all of my DE razors away in the drawer. Now I have just two razors out, the Clog Pruf and OCMM. I could probably put the OCMM away too, but the Clog Pruf might get lonely. I think I am going to work my way through a puck of Stirling since I kicked the Arkos butt. While using a $7 razor is not very decadent, I think it is going to work for me for a while. I will start with a month, but I see this going much longer.

Gem Clog Pruf
    Gem Stainless
    Semogue BC Mistura
    Stirling Gentleman (hopefully that puck of rose shows up shortly.)

Jim99, Keithmax, wristwatchb and 13 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Oh you're in the right spirit for DECember - finish the year just enjoying the luxury of what we do with whatever gear gives you that feeling. Gonna be a great month! Enough decadence to bring down the Berlin wall several times over!

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

As I like to remind everyone going into DECember - it isn't the value of the gear that makes it decadent - it's the result!

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Bring on the Arko!

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I agree. Decadence is using what provides you a enjoyable shave. The luxury is in the result.

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 1, 2017
    OneBlade Genesis
    Modified Gem PTFE (5)
    Rudy Vey R7 with Shavemac Finest
    MdC Fougère
    Myrsol Agua Balsamica

[​IMG]

I had planned to continue using Nuàvia Blu and Rossa through Saturday and had even taken the photos. However, I just need a break from them and decided to change things up. This brush was made by Rudy Vey using a Shavemac Finest set at 26mm x52mm. The brush has decent backbone but is all about the super soft face feel. This is a brush I use when I want to be pampered. MdC is my favorite soap. If I were forced to thin everything down to one brand of soap, MdC would make the cut. It is very easy to load and lather. However, you do have to add enough water to insure the soap is slick enough. I think many people under hydrate the soap. Three pass and touch ups ended in a near perfect drama free shave. A splash of Agua Balsamica and I think I am ready for the day. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

MR41, Keithmax, wristwatchb and 11 others like this.
  12. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Beautiful picture, Clint!

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. :)

14. Norcalnewb

EE0F3A2E-9ED4-4258-AD79-EC87FA6B30AD.jpeg

DECember 1 SOTD:

PAA Atomic Rocket Brush
    Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale
    Schick Type D
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale AS

I am going to join in DECember as well, so I got my favorite soap out for this morning and paired it with this great razor. Two passes and DFS. And, I smell good too. I hope everyone has a great day!

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic lineup and phot Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Clint!

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

December 1, 2017

Shavemac ATG LE Silvertip D01 Two Band Flat Top
    iColoniali Mango
    OneBlade Genesis
    Feather FHS-10
    Fine L'Orange Noir
    Tere D'Hermes

[​IMG]

MR41, NCoxSTL, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Love the photo and the Flat Top. I will certainly be using mine this month as well. I am so glad we got in on that group buy .

19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD December 1, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick G4 '66' injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    WTG, touch up

What better way to start a month than with The Fat? Terrific shave with this setup. Very impressed with the Schick G4 razor. Comfortable, nimble, smooth and efficient. Excellent little razor. Love the look of it with the navy handle and the textured nickle head. This is a decadent shave for me and the results were excellent.

Have a great day!

SOTD 12-1-17.JPG

MR41, NCoxSTL, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I agree! All of my gear is used for the most part, even most of my soaps are bought secondhand. I don't claim to own anything that is decadent in the shaving arena. Great results using gear you enjoy - that's decadence!

Great photo, Clint! As always.

Nice photo, Jim! Love the Schick D!

Very nice photo and setup, Mark!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.