Declaration Grooming & Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Soap... Excellent!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Str8on2, May 27, 2018.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just a quick thought on this particular collaboration between these 2 amazing artisans, Declaration Grooming & Chatillon Lux. I just received the soap and aftershave combo yesterday and have only put in 2 shaves with this duo and it has just been a pure delight using them. The soap has been incredible in both cushion and glide while giving very good residual slickness. Post shave is up there with the best of them. The scent is floral and citrusy yet it still has that semi earthy and pine like scent that gives it a nice masculine vibe. You get a nice whiff of it when you open the tub but it really comes through when you start to build your lather. It just comes at you in wave after wave of olfactory bliss. Truly a gorgeous spring/summer scent with excellent scent strength. Just an excellent Tallow based soap that has impressed me from the moment I smelled and tried it. A definite must try for those that are looking for that spring/summer scent that is fresh with a gorgeous floral & earthy combo. It’s a thirsty soap and will take a bit more of extra lather building but you will be rewarded with a creamy/yogurty bowl of shave goodness. Not a hard soap nor a soft soap, more like a croap though you can load your brush from the tub or scoop out an almond sized dollop if you prefer. Just an excellent rendering from these two makers. So far, super impressed......

5E7CD499-3A86-43C8-AD68-328B0BE22BB6.jpeg

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    SHAVEWIZARD420, gregcss and RyX like this.