Detroit Grooming Fatty

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Oldschoolpaulie, Jun 13, 2017.

1. I've been shaving with the Detroit Grooming Fatty sine I received it as a gift this past Christmas. It has become my favorite razor at this point, and the only one I use.
    I like razors with a thick, heavy barrel, and, as I have a wire-brush beard, I prefer a razor that is aggressive. Not only does the Fatty have an obviously huge, heavy barrel, but it is the most aggressive razor I own, with a closed comb, and heavy, micro-engraved stainless steel barrel. I've had to learn to refine my shaving style for a lighter touch to manage the heavy weight and the aggressiveness of the blade angle with this shaver, but it is worth it.
    If you want a quick, forgiving shave, the Fatty isn't the one for you. You have to be slow, meticulous, and refined in your technique with this blade or you will be cut and/or burned.

Attached Files:

2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Welcome to TSD @Oldschoolpaulie!
    Sounds like you've been having fun since Christmas!
    You should head over to the Welcome Center and introduce yourself! Enjoy your shaves. You should post up either on the SOTD or the 30DC threads and share your experiences.

Oldschoolpaulie likes this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

PSSTTTT he is not new....

4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Okay, so he's not new. New to me though. I've only been here since November.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Oldschoolpaulie. I like the fatty razors, too. I even put my fatty handle on a Gillette Old Type. I like the feel.
    [​IMG]