Differences in Merkur Slants

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by CSBudzi, Oct 28, 2010.

1. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

I'm probably being ignorant. But what is the difference in the Merkur 39 slant and the 37 slant?
    Is it a difference in head, handle, or both? Is one more aggressive then the other? Is the one of them 2 more slanty then the other?
    I searched the forums for about 25 minutes then gave up.

C. S. Budzi

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I believe the difference is that the 39C is the Sledgehammer Slant and is obnoxiously massive (I have one) as compared to the 37C.

If you want a ginormous, heavy, slant razor, the 39C may be for you.

It shaves great, but I have to use negative pressure to keep the thing from plowing into my skin.

3. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

Just to clarify. The head is the same just the weight of the handle is different?

4. bordeaaj

bordeaaj New Member

That is correct! The handle of the Slanthammer is about over an ounce heavier and quite a bit longer. I have them both as well as a vintage Merkur and Hoffritz (also made by Merkur) and they all shave almost identically. To me, the extra weight of the 39c feels good in the hand. :D

5. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

Thank you both very much. You guys were a big help.

C. S. Budzi

6. stingraysrock

You are welcome! Is there a Slant in your future then???

7. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

I've been mulling it over in my head for 6 weeks now. I broke down and got one during the night.
    It's coincidence (or fate) that when I woke up last night (I work nights) and made my final decision to do it, I looked at the forums and bam! 12% discount coupon from bullgoose on all Merkurs! I was going to buy from bullgoose anyway. So I took that coupon as a sign an didn't look back.

C. S. Budzi

8. stingraysrock

Nice! May it bring you thousands of awesome shaves!

9. Coupon code?

10. stingraysrock