Different posts for different questions

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by tenmakk, Aug 12, 2017.

1. tenmakk

tenmakk New Member

Hello. I've always wondered this: I have a question about different features on razors, and I also have a question about shaving for beginners. Maybe even another question. Is it preferable that I make separate posts all at once on the forum (since each question is on a different topic) or ask all the questions in the same post?

Paul Turner, Eeyore and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Up to you, Sir. In the style of an ongoing conversation you might title your first post "Questions about (razor)" and proceed to post initial questions. Later in the same thread you can post follow up questions. That will keep all the information about that particular razor in one easy to read location.
    There is a whole section for new shavers - Shave School. One of the subsections is The 30 Day Rule/Focus thread. It starts new each month. Full of New Shavers learning vintage gear & Vintage Shavers trying new gear. It's an ongoing conversation where folks can talk about problems they are having and get advice from others without ridicule. But beware - there may be shenanigans ;)

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

My very personal opinion:

I would very much like it indeed when users created separate threads for separate questions (makes searching the archive so much easier), and when they would make sure that their thread title matches the content of the thread! Nothing more frustrating than a thread title saying "A", with an opening post saying "B", "C", "X", and just a little bit of "A".

Example of this:
    Thread title: "I found a great razor!"
    Opening post: "I found this razor, but I have an issue; how do I clean it without damaging the finish?"

That thread will never be found when you do a search on thread titles containing the words "clean" and "finish".

Again, my very personal opinion ... and have fun here!

Paul Turner and RyX like this.