Different Type Of Shavette

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by jimjo1031, Aug 18, 2017.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen this type of shavette. It looks kind of interesting without scales and just guessing, but could be easy to control. s-l1600 (3).jpg

danbuter, sdguero, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It's definitely modern looking. Kind of cool, for a shavette. I wonder if it's designed more for personal use, or for a barber, using it on another person.

Spyder and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I wondered that also. Looks like it would be easier for someone to use with a beard or goatee for greater control.

Spyder likes this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I can tell you right now that I wouldn't care for it in South to North passes. I am starting to think that razors are just like fishing tackle. They keep having to make up new ones to catch more fishermen. Doesn't matter if they catch fish or not. :)

***Edited to get my directions straight.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Spyder, sdguero and Keithmax like this.
  5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I own one of these. I can't imagine doing a south-north pass with it. But I usually don't anyway. It has a decent bit of blade exposure, which made me nervous at first but ended up being fine. It's difficult to see what you are doing at times because of hand placement. It is easy to control. I don't like the way you have to open it to replace the blade. Got myself a good slice the first time I replaced a blade in it. Overall it's a bit of a novelty I can get a decent shave out of if I'm bored and want to change things up, but not a regular rotation piece for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PickledNorthern and Keithmax like this.