Dispose of lather in bowl after every shave?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by IrishShaver, Mar 21, 2016.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Lots of soaps means lots of bowls for storage. Disposable snap lid containers work well.
    Then there's the bowl you lather in, with the exception of the times you might choose to face lather. For bowl lathering easy and cheap can be a coffee mug.
    If you enjoy the hunt find an Old Spice mug. Selling on ebay for too much, I waited until I saw one in a Goodwill store - $0.79 with tax. They have ridges on the inside of the mug that can assist in creating lather.
    Old Spice Mug interior.gif
    Another inexpensive, and I found to be far superior, the Japanese spice grinding Suribachi bowl. About 5 inches across with a ceramic textured interior. This is my best lather making container.
    Suribachi bowl interior.gif
    On my list of Needful Things is a dish made by Symmetric Pottery. I'm not sure how well it creates lather, but it looks so darn cool!
    Symmetrical pottery bowl.gif

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

are 'we' allowed to say that? I thought that saying had been officially trademarked by a particular TSD member who retains a team of lawyers 'round the clock to prevent its unauthorized usage? :D

3. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

That Symmetric Pottery bowl is beautiful. I want it!

AGHisBBS likes this.
  4. samarijack

samarijack Active Member

+1

IrishShaver and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I used to save the leftover lather when I first started, but now I don't find it necessary. Some of these products seem to be bottomless. It is your choice, it worked ok for me to reuse leftover lather, but it is not necessary.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

As long at it is foot-noted. Otherwise it will be considered plagiarism.
    Hey, credit where credit is due. :p

7. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I've been keeping my puck of Arko in an Old Spice mug and working up my lather there, no extra bowl. It works well for me. Others do different and it works well for them.

8. IrishShaver

IrishShaver New Member

Thanks for all the help and input -Much appreciated!

9. IrishShaver

IrishShaver New Member

Thanks RaZorBurn123 - I have done this:

[​IMG]

The total cost of bowl and Arko was LESS than a canister of Gi**t*e gunk from the shelf in a supermarket!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016