Do the Shave Den Soap Refill Soaps fit the Container?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey,

I was wondering. I need to order more shave den shaving soap and there is an option for a container or just the soap. I already have a container from the last purchase. Will the order option for just the soap by itself fit into the old container? Anyone know?

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Aren't they melt and pour soaps? If it doesn't fit, just melt it and pour it into the old container.

3. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. If so, will heating the soap ruin the menthol at all? I would definitely re-use the existing container as there is nothing wrong with it. No sense in throwing more plastic in the trash.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

John Beeman likes this.
  5. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I had to grate mine and press it into the container, it wouldn't just set in there. If you melt it, do very short bursts in the microwave. If you get it too hot, the fragrance can be affected, some EOs have a low boiling point. Its actually easier to grate it with a cheese grater, and press it in. Note: Wife was not impressed with me using the kitchen cheese grater, so I bought her a new one, and have a soap grater now.

brit likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I bought a small food processor at Good Will for $5 to keep the peace at home. Happy wife ... happy life!

brit and Drygulch like this.
  7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I used a salad shooter. We never used it anyway, so i didn't replace it (cept for back in the pantry closet). Besides all I cut was soap, warm water and a bit of elbow grease, good as new (as good, it was never out of the box, and hasn't been used since).
    But the soap (grated) presses in nicely, a bit water, a little time to set up, it'll be as it'd it was always in the container.

PatrickA51 and Enrico like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I use mine to make laundry soap.