Does anyone recognize this razor?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gorgo2, Jul 17, 2016.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

[​IMG]

Says it's from '68 (a very good year). Blue handled TTO with a smooth flare tip. The Lime ad has a '60s Super Speed but this is very different. Something is off about the neck on this one...maybe it's a mockup created just for the ad? Not sure what the point would be of that. Can't quite make out the underside of the head, either. Weird.

Very cool looking foam cans they had back then, too, both of them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    whiteboy_cannon and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

That's interesting up close I don't think it's a Gillette build. Sort of resembles a Krona. Must be a mock up or something.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

You know, I was just thinking the bottom resembles what I recall the Krona looks like, but the doors do not look angled like the K's. The mystery grows...

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Not sure about the first razor, but the second looks like a superspeed. I liked the Palmolive lime.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The Lime one for sure. The blue one...? No crimp above the knob, no knob ribs, the end is plugged solid.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  6. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

It's drawn in or airbrushed in. It's not a real photo of a razor. The head looks real but not the handle

whiteboy_cannon and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Could be. The head is a Krona...bottom matches and angles on the door faces aren't quite visible from the sides.

[​IMG]

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I agree.