Doesn't this look gold to you?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tsenfw, Oct 17, 2008.

1. tsenfw

tsenfw Member

Bought this on ebay a while back before I really started looking up the different kinds of Gillette razors so I didn't think to look at the handle pattern.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=230251268709

Doesn't that look gold in the picture? When I first bought it I thought it would be one of the gold Gillettes. Turns out it's just a superspeed. Pretty decent condition, just really dirty. And the box is BEAT LOL.

How do I tell what year it's from?

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

Ummmm...Doesn't the box say GEM?

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Whenever I take pictures at night with CFL or incandescent lighting nickel and chrome razors look goldish, so on eBay I'll always assume a razor is a more common variant. It's easy to PM and ask before bidding too.

You have a great razor there at an amazing price! I love my SS's and really should use them more often, easily one of my top 5 shavers.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    That's certainly what my weak eyes are seeing.

6. tsenfw

tsenfw Member

Yeah, apparently it's a Gem case. Definitely a Gillette SS though. Much better condition then the SS I bought from Blue_monkey.

Think I'll keep the better looking one and maybe do a PIF to a razorless noob on here with the other one.