Don Juan - Vintage - DOUBLE EDGE BLADES

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by EnglishChannel, Aug 17, 2017.

1. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Stopped by my Mom's house to help her out with some things and discovered some vintage DE blades in a drawer in her bathroom. I assume they were my Dad's, though he has been gone (died over a decade ago).
    Don_JuanDE_Blade_Pkg.jpg
    Did a search here and found a post from 2012 by richgem - thanks!

The internet search produced a lot of NOS and USED Don Juan's for sale, but little about their production.
    I saw claims that they were from the '30's, '40's, and even the '50's.
    I am NOT sure if I will use these blades, but maybe someone here can add more info about them.
    DonJuan_DE_Blade.jpg
    Let us know if you have any information.
    Thanks!

RyX, Zykris and richgem like this.
  2. jar

jar Well-Known Member

No information but I do have a bunch of them still in the original packages. They were in a box I found with a bunch of old razors that likely belonged to my Dad or Grandfather. I haven't tried them yet but I have tried some blades from similar periods with mixed results. And that is even without the little curl. When they have been good they have been very very good but when they were bad, they were horrid.

RyX, Zykris and EnglishChannel like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have a few of the Don Juans, but I do not plan on using them. I think they are just cool.

Zykris and EnglishChannel like this.
  4. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I admit was surprised to see so many links show up for folks selling them.

I had never heard of them, so at first I thought I might have something rare. I'll probably just leave them where I found them.

5. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Don Juan blades are good blades for folks that like vintage blades. They are made from chrome steel which is an early version of stainless steel I believe. I have lots of them in great condition and I use them in rotation with other vintage blades like Marlin, Pal, Fan, Gillette Thin, etc. I don't know a thing about the manufacturer of Don Juans.