Don shaving cream from the Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, Aug 16, 2011.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This is a Czech-made cream which I received a couple of years ago, and I thought I would share my observations on it:

Ease of lathering: 10/10--No problem at all for a rich lather.

Longevity of lather: 9/10--Stays stable enough for a good shave.

General skincare: 8/10--Pretty good - quite cooling from menthol. Moisturizes well also.

Scent: 7/10--It's not a bad scent, very minty at first, but then it changes when it's lathered up.

Price: 7/10--This cream cost me more than I would have wanted to pay, but still not a budget-buster.

Would I buy again: 7/10--Perhaps I would. Then again, perhaps I wouldn't. Hard to determine.

This stuff is very good for a warm summer morning shave because it has a good amount of menthol in it. The lather is rich and easy to create, however a few things sort of dampen my desire to buy this cream again. The price, as well as the cap tends to break easily. Otherwise, it's a pretty good cream.

Attached Files:

2. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

You always seem to have all these exotic creams from all over the place..... do you have agents planted around the world who send you these delights?

crackstar likes this.
  3. herzi

herzi Active Member

I wasn't really impressed from this cream. Ok, it's a fine cream that does it's job very well. But I didn't like the scent very much and I'm not keen on mentholated SCs.

4. crackstar

Well, not really! :)

5. crackstar

The scent is not ugly, but it is not as great when it's completely lathered. It's as I said suitable and decent, but I agree with you - there are better creams. :)

6. zirvan

zirvan Member

You should try the Olimon shaving cream then. Same ingredients minus the menthol, plus a Citrus/Herbal fragrance

7. crackstar

I tried the Olimon cream, and you're right. It is very nice.

8. herzi

herzi Active Member

Comes time, comes Olimon :D