*DONE* Make me smile PIF.

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Morman Bridge, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello folks. Good Morning!
    Today I am offering a PIF to all the fine members here at TSD who agree to the terms I set forth in this post.
    The PIF is open to members anywhere the US Postal Service can ship to. I will be shipping it without tracking numbers, and insurance in order to lower the cost of shipping to the winner if they live outside the Continental United States.
    In order to be eligible to win, you must-
    1) be a member in good stanting in The Shave Den community.
    2) have not more than 25 working /useable razors to shave with/collect.
    3) be enrolled in The Shave Den community prior to this PIF posting.
    4) make me smile. Tell a nice, happy story, post a cool, happy photo, or tell a good tasteful joke, or say or do anything that will make us smile, and post it here.

The Loot;

This PIF consists of seven razors without cases, and three boxed razor sets. They will all go to one winner. It is my intention here to help the winner get a start on his or her collection by offering this PIF.
    This PIF will run until L this coming Saturday at midnight. That's Saturday 14 January 2017. I will probably use www.random.org to assist in the selection of a winner.
    I will now switch to Tapatalk to present the photos and descriptions. Please bear with me.

2. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Very nice PIF! Not in as I've had many years of collecting a few razors. Good luck to the participants!

Carbide Mike and Dzia Dzia like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm not in, but great PIF!

And, one to make you smile:

[​IMG]

4. Morman Bridge

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ok, the Gillette Tech is an English made aluminum Tech that weighs around 30 grams. It is a fantastic shaver. Between the Tech and the Gillette Bar Handled New is a razor known as a "Crappy Brand Mystery Razor. ". It is a vending machine razor sold in Europe around the 1950's to the 1980's. Next to that is a Gillette New. Bar Handle. Long comb. Below these there is a Gillette Slim, a black Tip Super Speed (W-4), a Flare Tip Super Speed, and a Gillette Super 109 (black beauty). The boxed sets are a 1909 ABC set. ( it has a mismatched blade case. ) a mint WWII Gem Junior with military issue blades, and a Gillette Goodwill razor in box no blades. All razors are serviceable, although there are marks of time and use on them.
    Good luck people, and make us smile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

No more than 25 razors??? Wow, maybe it's just me, but that would be a lot of razors. It is a very generous PIF, with so many razors being given away. I'll leave the PIF to someone who will appreciate the variety of razors (I am only looking for one more, which will make my total count to be three, one of which I will eventually sell or pif).

Anyhow, my story, which makes me smile, is about a 14 year old high school student and his older brother. As my 18 year old is getting ready for his trip back to college, the 14 year old is looking to spend as much time with him as possible, so he volunteered to help him pack. It was great to hear them talking about school events, telling each other jokes, and just having a great time together. If you have kids that are grown or almost there, you can likely relate.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Grimpen, Carbide Mike, RyX and 6 others like this.
  6. defectivechimp

defectivechimp Well-Known Member

I'm in here is my favorite joke it makes me laugh every time i think about it.
    Ok here goes
    There are three boy scouts who went camping in the middle of winter and they are sitting by the fire one morning arguing about how cold it was in their tent last night. The first scout said that it was so cold that when he got up to pee it froze before it even hit the ground. The second scout said that's nothing I got up to make some hot tea and before the boiling water hit my mug it froze solid. The last scout said his tent was so cold that he found a brown thing in his sleeping bag and when he threw it in the fire pit this morning it went ("insert a fart noise here")

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Omaney, Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Awesome pif! Not in.
    This is a great way to build an instant shave den. Very generous of you @Morman Bridge !
    Good luck people!

8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

What a fantastic PIF! Not in, but looking forward to seeing someone get a new, excellent collection. Thanks for the gesture.

[​IMG]

9. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

I'm in...Only have been wet shaving for a year and now have 2 razors, my first Merkur 34C and my Christmas present from my wife a Slim Adjustable. Here is a pic of my son trying to get his calf back into its pen to make you smile...He will ultimately be the recipient of one or more of the razors as he is 14 and looking at joining me in this shaving adventure. He could only sit to keep the calf from pulling him around.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Grimpen, Halvor, Carbide Mike and 7 others like this.
  10. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Not in.
    Incredible PIF, sir!
    Thank you.

Carbide Mike and Jayaruh like this.
  11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Not in but GREAT PIF on all fronts!!

Carbide Mike and Jayaruh like this.
  12. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Wonderful PIF! If I win, I will give forward most of these to get others I think would appreciate them started in DE shaving. Spread that wealth! I'm a horrible joke teller, but here's a story I hope will make you smile.

I work at a small church in SC. We are across the street from an elementary school and many of our kids are in low income/single parent homes. We have a good relationship with the school through a tutoring and mentoring program. We asked the school if we could help two needy families out for Christmas. They gave us Christmas lists for two families. Our church members filled both lists on day one. Then the principle approach me about two more families who recently had major issues. One single mom had lost her job and she and her son were living in a tent (and cold weather was coming). Her truck was not operational and she was generally having a hard time. Another had an abusive situation and had to get out with the child. I took it to the church, hoping to at least get the kids a few items for Christmas. I got to watch people step up, big time. When we delivered gifts to the school, it took two vehicles and filled the nurse's office. Then I had multiple people offer to take in a family. I had someone offer the single mom a job, someone paid to fix her truck, and someone put a deposit and three months rent on an apartment for her and the child. All of this with no recognition and solely for the joy of helping others in our community. It brought me to tears, exceeded my wildest expectations, and was certainly the best gift I could have received.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Grimpen, Marverel, Halvor and 17 others like this.
  13. Morman Bridge

@SharptoothC If you could only see my smile! God Bless You sir!

Carbide Mike, RyX, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Alan, This is an amazing PIF! Darn that #2 rule :)! Good luck everyone who enters.

Carbide Mike, jimjo1031, RyX and 3 others like this.
  15. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Not in, but great PIF for someone to win. Excellent gesture @Mormon Brigde. I'm just under the 25 mark, at about 20 if you count DE, SE, straight, and shavette, although I have about 5 set aside in a box for a few PIFs this year. I've finally gotten to that point in my journey where I have a pretty good idea about what I like, and I'm trying to be more selective about what I keep in the den. I also just won a really awesome giveaway last week, so I'll let someone else join in the fun.

Good luck everyone.

Carbide Mike, jimjo1031, RyX and 2 others like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Not in, but terrific PIF! This is why TSD is so great. Good to luck to the entrants!

Carbide Mike, jimjo1031, RyX and 3 others like this.
  17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Oh wow. Just a wonderful story!

18. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

And just for posterity, since this is a shaving forum...
    201311_0749_daaif_sm.jpg
    Admit it, you just read that in a Connery accent. :happy068:

Chandler_Shaving.jpg

19. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

I'm in! I would love to have a wider range of razors to try out! I currently only have 3 (1 inherited SR, a Gillette New SC which i won in a PIF that I use regularly, and a Gillette super speed 5 that I was just lucky enough to win in a PIF and received yesterday in the mail!)

To make you smile, I just found this and thought it was pretty darn funny :)
    [​IMG]

Just for fun I will also share one of my favorite pictures from when I got to jumpseat (sit in the cockpit) of a 747 at the beginning of last year. Flying in a 747 had been a dream of mine since I was 8 or 9. Only had to wait 20 years for it to actually happen! :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Wow.. those are some amazing and wonderful people at your church.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.