Dorco Blades = excellent!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by soulshine, Jul 23, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Morning Gents,

I traded for a few of these blades here not because I was looking to change from my Derby blade or anything, I was just curious.

The first shave with this blade was outstanding! I barely felt the blade moving across my face. At first I wondered if the blade was cutting any hairs so I checked after the first pass and it was just about BBS. I lathered just a bit more for a second pass and the results were great. What normally took 3-4 passes with the Derby were attained in only 2 passes. Figuring the shave gods were smiling on me that morning I gave it a go the following morning and can report the same results. It has now been about 2 weeks of using Dorco blades and I have sold off all my Derby Blades and am using this one exclusively. I always had to be cautious when using the Derby blades as the first shave with a new blade resulted in weepers or irritations - I could not get a super close shave. With the Dorco I have had zero irritation - even in the tough spot under my chin where the hair growth is kinda all over the place. I would normally feel some stubble by mid afternoon and now I don't feel anything till at least sometime around the time I get home from the office.

"iamdarkangel2005" posted about this blade here and he sells them at Ebay for around $15 for 200 blades - a bargain for certain. I have used Derby, Feathers, Crystal, 7 AM, Personna, Treet, Sharp, Merkur, Wilkinson's and a few others I am sure I am forgetting and the Dorco's have worked the best for me. iamdarkangel2005 also provides excellent service - the blades were shipped moments after I ordered them and made it here to Wisconsin in 2-3 days. I think a 10 pack on Ebay will set you back about $1 - well worth the cost to give these blades a try.

Edit : I use the ST301 blades.

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Really? YMMV... I got one pass with one, and swapped it for a feather. Seemed to pull from the start. Maybe I got a bum blade, I will try again tomorrow.

3. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I tried a few Feather blades and they never quite worked well for me. I put 'em in a HD, the 38C, fatboy and 40's SS. For me they were too harsh...even with the gentlest of passes, I think the Feathers removed too much...if that makes sense. With the Dorco i had zero pulling - even with the Derby blades I would experience that.

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I would agree that the feathers remove a bit of skin along with the hair. Although I'm bbs after one pass, my face feels like I've taken ten passes before I'm even on the second one. My skin always feels rough afterwords. I'm over them. I think astras are very sharp along with irridiums. Always BBS without irritation from them. Dorcos wernt sharp enough for me.

5. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Huh. Good reminder of ymmv, because I've been using Dorcos a lot lately and I've been rather unimpressed. Not a bad blade- but they pull for me (even with the razor set to 1) and they only last for three shaves.

In contrast, I love Derbys, which usually last for five shaves with no pulling or tugging, with the razor set to 3.

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Noob. The highter the number on the razor the larger the blade gap = the more aggressive the shave. You may need to set the razor to a higher number to get them to not tug.

7. Soul,

Thank you for your quick comments. Need to report that baby is doing fine! Right now he is in the hospital, but doing much better. Thanks for your prayers.

Let me know how you like the Lord Blades as well. I hope that they are as good as the Dorco Blades because soon I will be having them available for sale.

Regarding the Derby Blades, I dont like this blade at all, not to put it down, but it is expensive and irritates my skin about 100%. I get so red and sore that I just gave those blades away.

Thank you so much and hope to see you guys soon in Store. Also, if you order 100pcs you will get 10pcs free.

Take care,

Dark

8. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I have 2 kids and I understand the grey hairs. I have never used Dorco, but I agree Derbys irritate.