Dorcos, not feeling the love.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kyhunter, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I have tried Dorco 301s and they bite something terrible, and shave no closer than anything else. What terrible is they chew my face up with a flare tip SS. Im gonna give this blade I used one more try in my slim set on a 2 to see if it gets better. If not there will be some Dorcos in the PIF thread by lunch monday.

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Give it another shot, but if it doesnt work put it back your blade box for a few months. You would be surprised what a bit of time will do to tastes and technique.

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yeah, Dale is right. And Dorcos are a pretty ok blade, I'd say they get a little more love than they do hate.

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Tried the 300's but they didn't work for me. I have several 301's in my mixed blade bag that I haven't tried yet, I plan on giving them a go next week.

5. I think it's just a skin problem. The best example 'I recently had with the Tiger strip, many have given them a negative vote for me are really good .. I can say that my skin can 'be shaved from any blade, and' indifferent, the result will be 'better for sure! Good luck on your test strip ...

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I agree. I do like the 301s. I'll pass on the 300s.

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'm not saying they will magically work for you in a few months, but I had pretty rotten experiences with Merkur and Feather blades in the past. I have recently revisited both and had exceptional shaves with them. If they still stink in a few months, then move on as there are a lot of other good blades out there.

8. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

The 301's were my first shave with a DE. I don't find them aggressive at all, one of my favorite blades. I have used them in a Weishi Gunmetal and all of my Lady Gillette's.

Perhaps a different razor will make the difference?

9. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Funny what a day and a new handle make. I put the d301 in my slim adjustable on a 2 and got a much better shave. Not like an astra but tolerable. At least there wasnt a blood letting.

10. mycarver

mycarver New Member

Well,, I guess I'll have to follow Dale's advice and try them , with many others , months from now. I'm not a fan either at this point. But I can't bear to throw anything out. Maybe they, or I'll, come around to a mutual agreement and get a decent shave. If not,, THEN I'll throw them out.