Dragged. Kicking and Screaming to a MUSICAL.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Omaney, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

SWMBO and another couple arranged our New years eve several months ago. I had put it out of my mind until Dec 29th when I was reminded we were going to the Winspear Opera House to see Book of Mormon.
    Now I had very little doubt I was in for a couple/three hours of excruciating boredom and angst. I'm pleased to report I am still eating a heaping plate of crow. BOM was amazing. Absolutely the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. The production was first rate with a touring cast that belongs on Broadway. The female lead's singing was mesmerizing. The musicians incredible.
    If you have the opportunity to see this show, I recommend you do so. You WILL have a terrific time.
    I'm still not a lover of the musical but BoM is in a different class.

DFW residents. If you have an opportunity to visit ATTPAC/Winspear, you should. Beautiful place.

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed it. It's funny how some forms of music are hard to appreciate unless it is live.

Sent via mobile - Chris

mikewood likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Crow... another dish that needs just the right marinade. :(

Glad you had a good time. Initially, I was thinking minus man card for going to a musical. But, then plus man card for keeping the Mrs. happy. So, that evens out to man card status quo. ;)

4. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm in the RED. I have show tunes for earworms now.

5. richgem

:(
    I advise growing a big beard and chopping down a tree as soon as possible in order to make a proper recovery. Better wear flannel while doing it, just to be sure.

Omaney likes this.
  6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Well, I do own a 20" chainsaw and some firearms.

RyX and lightcs1776 like this.
  7. richgem

It doesn't count unless you use them (safely) ;)

Omaney likes this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Glad you enjoyed it. I used to feel the same way until both of my kids started playing in pit orchestras. Now I am kinda hooked.

I ate a big bowl of stewed crow too. Without salt.

Like anything else there are good shows and bad, but it is a really cool form of entertainment.

Omaney and lightcs1776 like this.
  9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Within the last week. Ieven felt another chest hair pop out!

PickledNorthern likes this.
  10. richgem

Well then, there may be hope for you yet. :)

PickledNorthern likes this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Book of Mormon is absolutely hilarious! It's not what you think at all. Highly irreverent, funny as heck, but with some poignant moments. Very entertaining! Glad you enjoyed it @Omaney!

Omaney and PickledNorthern like this.
  12. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Okay since we're talking musicals, I'll throw this out. Over the last several years, I've seen the following: "The Millon Dollar Quartet", "Jersey Boys", and "An American in Paris". All top notch productions. No man card demerits involved.

13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

upload_2017-1-11_12-29-45.png

richgem likes this.
  14. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

I took my late GF to Die Dreigroschenoper and a local production of The Mikado. When you hear your lady humming Pirate Jenny or making up a list with that gleem in her eye you know it was worth it.