Dreadful Service off Taylor's (TOBS)

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by The Wizard, Dec 3, 2016.

1. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

Savvy retailers know one dissatisfied customer equals 10 potential customers lost through word of mouth. I was in a running gunbattle with another vendor that resulted in at least that many PMs and public comments from customers he lost as a result. The comments not recently deleted by one website are like
    a teenage girl's nude selfie; forevor online as embarressment when mere maturity and business acumen were called for.
    TOBS is a curious outfit. I was a repeat customer and had exchanged some delightfull pleasantries. They posted plans to open an outlet in Beverly Hills and were seeking a store manager. I immediately replied with an in depth resume' of education, retail experience and most important; knowledge of the demographics and dealing with celebrities and people you don't know who can make or break same.
    THE REPLY; which begrudgingly came weeks after I sent polite followups was both insulting and parochial for their address. I could see the writer in a pinstripe suit, church's dress shoes and school tie with thin, closed mouth smile; one of those effete snobs moments before hearing " my name is Foyle, I am a police officer and you are under arrest.'

2. flaxton

flaxton Active Member

I tried to send them an email recently using the address on their site. Came back saying unable to deliver message. Very strange.

3. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

It's half bewilderment and half outrage when a name bearing a history and reputation disappoint. Anyone who rode the trains up to the late 50s or sat staring at massive SEARS catalogs knows what disgust AMTRACK or SNEARS mean now. For me, shaving goods firms conjure images of the wand shop in Harry Potter. I know that is hardly reality, but firms could do much worse as a business model.

The Wizard likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

italian barber is an awesome company.top shelf service and product selection,fast shipping.they emailed me personally to thank me for joining there sight.covers all my shaving needs and wants.gary

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. matteob

matteob Active Member

Italian Barber sound good but I get frustrated at their supply problems with razors sometimes. They do seem to be courteous and respectful though :)

Carbide Mike likes this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

After reading this and facebook post they have lost my business too.

The Wizard and Carbide Mike like this.
  7. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

Just an update to say I eventually got a personal reply to my private email address from TOBS's business manager informing me that she had been investigating this matter and I had indeed somehow been banned from posting on their Facebook page. No explanation as to why was given however she apologised and said that this should not have happened and she would lift the ban immediately (which she did) despite being told by the TOBS's social media team that I hadn't been banned and then assuring me they'd look in to the issue but didn't bother. Seems like the people who were looking after their Facebook account were taking matters on to their own hands to ban anyone who left negative feedback or made a complaint and then fed me a pack of lies and excuses. I hope they got their backsides well and truly kicked for this. She asked me to confirm my home address and said she would be sending me out a replacement brush.

After weeks of correspondence back and forth from their customers services and social media team being fobbed off with lies and excuses it turned out that I was right all along and I should not have been banned for making a valid complaint about a faulty product which they fully acknowledged.

A few days later I received in the post a brand new replacement brush, a 150g tub of peppermint shaving cream and some hand soap for my wife with a hand written compliment slip from their business manager saying sorry for all our trouble, my facebook ban had been removed so was now able to post again and the matter was still being investigated as to who was responsible and hope not to lose our future custom. I was also told that unlike last time I did not have to return the faulty brush but to keep it as a spare.

Resolved in a round about way but I'm afraid to say it was all too late. I feel if it was not for my wife jumping through so many hoops and writing them a bad review and the endless back and forth messages that went on forever we would still be in the same situation now. Nobody should have to go through what we did just to get a replacement for a faulty brush therefore despite the apology I have decided to leave our review up to let everyone see exactly what we had to go through with this company.

I have since noticed that their Facebook page has gone extremely quiet.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Well at the very least I am glad to hear that they made it right in the end.

matteob likes this.
  9. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I, also seldom give reviews, except when it comes to customer service. I always appreciate knowing when a company fails to make their customer as happy as is reasonable.

matteob likes this.
  10. matteob

matteob Active Member

Glad it has all been resolved but what a fiasco!