DrTerrors Razor resto's....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DrTerror, Oct 30, 2015.

1. DrTerror

DrTerror Well-Known Member

Thank You!

Karl G, chrisbd and Robyflexx like this.
  2. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Dr. Terror, from what I`ve read on several threads, you are probably the one I should contact for advice. Is there here a way to convert an se razor to accommodate a half de blade? Sometimes no is an acceptable answer and I will be agreeable to that.

Best regards, Bill

chrisbd, twhite and Robyflexx like this.
  3. DrTerror

What razor are you thinking of buddy?.some can,some cannot...I have successfully cut a DE blade in half to fit into a Ronson Self Sharpening razor.but I would need to know what razor you want to do before i could comment....

chrisbd and twhite like this.
  4. billdog2

First I needed to know if it was possible and you answered my second question. Is that razor you mentioned the only one that is viable?

5. billdog2

Well, I don`t have any se razors, just wondering if it might be possible without being a real complicated procedure. I`m still thinking
    about how to keep track of how many "strokes" you take with each edge of the blade before discarding it. If you have 1/2 de blade (like an injector), you use it until dull, then change it out for the other half. Thank you for responding so nicely.

With thanks and God Bless, Bill

6. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

A class result, DrT, especially considering it wasn't to be replated.

Regards,
    Chris

NapalmCola and DrTerror like this.
  7. DrTerror

Well,TBH,I have never attempted to fit a DE blade into a SE,The injector style blades have holes in to hold them in place,and I for one,would certainly not want to try and squeeze half a DE in the slot,as I quite like my fingers whole....:)

The other types of SE's like the Ever Ready 1912 take a larger blade,so it may be do'able,with a sleeve over one edge of the DE,bringing it up to size.DE blades are thinner and more flexible than proper SE blades,so it still might not work though.

The Ronson razor took a special Ronson blade,whilst one side shaved,the other side could be sharpened.You then pushed up on the handle to lift the blade,turn it,and use the newly sharpened side.I found by cutting a DE blade in the right place,you can get a virtually perfect fit,so even though the blade is in 2,you can screw down the top cap,and it holds it all in place just fine.

NapalmCola, billdog2 and chrisbd like this.
  8. billdog2

Thanks for the info, I think I`ll stick with my injectors and just mark my de blades and the cap. That way, after I wash and dry the blade , I can put it back
    in the same place until it gets dull and then use the unmarked side.

Best wishes and God Bless, Bill

DrTerror likes this.