Dutchie saying hi(gh) :D

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by T_I, May 18, 2018.

1. T_I

T_I Active Member

Hi,

I've been saving for a while now (turning 46 in a few months). I tarted out with Philips electric (rotary heads) and switched to cartridges (Gillette Sensor, Mach 3 and the stuff with more blades) when the electric shaver died on me. About 2 year ago I got this set from my in-laws (old razors of my wife's grandfather)

[​IMG]
    The left is a Gillette Slim Twist (Daily) and on the right a Matador De Luxe, which I used once and cut myself heavily with. (handle is to short for my long hands)

As the Gilette shows a bit of play when placing the blade (It's not consistently centered) I was looking for a replacement and ended up here yesterday. Don't know if that was wise... This morning I bought myself a Qshave Parthenon black...

[​IMG]

And about 4 hours ago a used Gillette Slim Adjustable on ebay (sellers pic)

[​IMG]

After a bit of testing I ended up with the Feather blades and De Vergulde Hand (Dutch brand) shaving soap tablet and brush.

I hope I can stop myself from buying more razors, but it's always fun to meet people and exchange tips.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Hoi en welkom bij TSD! Er zijn hier twee of drie andere Nederlanders ook. Ik ben Amerikaans, maar sinds twee jaar leer ik mezelf de Nederlandse taal. Waarom? Misschien ben ik gek. ;)

Yehuda D and Halvor like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to TSD @T_I

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @T_I from western NY, glad you decided to join us at TSD. The adjustable Slim is a good razor, though I am curious how the Shave Parthenon preforms.

RyX likes this.
  5. T_I

T_I Active Member

Ach, in Amerika wonen en Nederlands leren, waarom ook niet. Ik woon in Nederland en prefereer de Engelse taal. (en dan nog Brits ook, niet Amerikaans ;) )
    Het is hier verdraaid lastig DE spullen te vinden en als je het vind is het en online (in de winkel niet te vinden) en 'luxe'. (dus zelfs duurder dan de cartridges) Lang leve internet.

Yehuda D and RyX like this.
  6. T_I

T_I Active Member

Same here, was looking for an adjustable butterfly and guess what, there is 1 (kick-starter project non-the-less). I'm curious which of the 2 arrives here first, as they already started shipping the Qshaves.

7. richgem

Maar je kan makkelijk en goedkoop De Vergulde Hand zeep vinden. Dus het "alles goed" is. ;)

OK, I will stop torturing you with my Dutch. :)

8. T_I

T_I Active Member

I guess you meant 'All is well'. (Alles is goed) It's good soap and about the only shaving equipment that can be found in the stores. (next to spray-cans with foam, gel,...) I do about 4-6 months with a soap tablet and how long a brush lasts... no clue, still on my first of that brand. A cheap local one died in 4 weeks, this one is twice as expensive and very good value for money. (2 years and counting)

OK, I will stop torturing you with my Dutch. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't mind, when I see the terrible English some Dutch produce, I'm surprised. (And to be honest, even some English and Americans are worse in English then you are at Dutch.
    Personally I always like to see people try another language. I'm playing games and work together with Portuguese, Russians, German, French, Chineese,... Even with an auto translate you need to get your head around very creative translations. With some knowledge of other languages you can.

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Tenzij je in een grote stad woont, is het vinden van scheerproducten voor mannen in een winkel een probleem. Ik bezocht elke winkel binnen 100 km en vond sporadische productplaatsing. Zeer weinig zeepjes, af en toe DE scheermesjes, met enkele kous Lucky Tiger of Pinaud post-scheerproducten.

We are fortunate in The Wet Shaving Renaissance to have on-line shopping and forums to share descriptions and reviews to help make informed decisions.

10. richgem

Thank you for the encouragement and understanding. The vocabulary isn't difficult to learn that's just a matter of memorization. But, the grammar (especially word order) requires a lot of practice. Plus, learning to express myself as a Dutch person would instead of as an English speaker translating.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    RyX likes this.
  11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

14. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

16. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

17. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

18. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hello, and welcome. Good to meet you.

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @T_I , proceed down the road.
    [​IMG]

20. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Welkom bij, @T_I :)

A gek thing to do for sure ;) My favourite word picked up during studies in NL: dorpsgek. Hadn’t thought of it in a while.

richgem likes this.