eBay Find: Wizemet Super Iridium 100-Count!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Michael_W, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

So yeah, I got a hold of a 100-count box of the Wizamet Super Iridium blades. Unless I'm mistaken, these would be the ones made in Poland before Gillette moved production to St. Petersburg in Russia. Please inform me if I'm wrong. I shaved last night with a PolSilver Super Iridium in my Merkur 34c, and the results were fantastic: smooth-as-glass with no nicks or irritation. My face is still virtually baby-butt-smooth as of this typing. I've heard the Wizamet originals are even sharper and smoother.

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, Keithmax, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great haul! Polsilvers are my favorites.

Jayaruh likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Can we get your source?

4. Michael_W

Sure.

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, all gone. :angry017:

6. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Damnit!

7. Michael_W

Yeah, I was lucky to get a box when it relisted. The seller had five of them originally. I found the link through his blog, which I think I've seen posted to on the forum. He was also selling a 250-count box for $60, but that was sold out pretty quickly. I think you have to be quick about nabbing yourself these blades, because they disappear pretty fast. I only saw them because it happened I was awake at 3:00AM and was just putting in the name Wizamet to see if there were any blades listed. I think there's a tuck of ten going for around sixteen bucks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  8. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

They will say St Petersburg on the side if they are the Russian Gillettes. The boxes look just like that for the Russians. Did the seller say they were the made in Poland ones? Did he show a pic of the edge of the tucks? The Russians are great, btw.

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I believe that is the same seller that used to sell at superiridiumblades.com

10. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I'm sure a lot of blades feel smooth as glass when loaded into a Merkur 34c. It's a great razor !!!

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy036: Score, WY are my favorite blade. I have 300+, didn’t think I would ever see them again for sale. Enjoy!

12. Michael_W

They do. The 34c really seems to bring out the best in whatever blade is loaded into it. But of all the blade brands I've tried so far—Astra SP, Treet Carbon Steel, Personna Lab Blue, Voskhod, Rapira Stainless, PolSilver Stainless, and Gillette Silver Blue among them—I've found that the Iridium Supers have given me the best shave yet. I still haven't tried the Feathers or the Sharks given me though, so I'll hold off on evaluating until I've gone through those. But daaaamn, I'm really liking these Iridium-coated blades!

Keithmax likes this.
  13. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

My favorite are Astra Superior Stainless, Rapira Super Stainless and Rapira Swedish Supersteel !!!