~ Edge Shaving Gel VS Nivea Shaving GEL ~

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by idan, Sep 24, 2017.

1. idan

idan Active Member

Edge Shaving Gel VS Nivea Shaving GEL
    what your choice ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

While I use a cart razor for health driven reasons and convenience I also use a brush and soap. I have never found a canned or tubed product that can hold a candle to true wet lather. Every one I have ever tried resulted in irritation at the least and often resulted in a rash or bumps.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Neither.
    Since finding shaving soap and brushes over 9 years ago, I've never used canned stuff.

But, as I say...
    It's your shave. Enjoy it your way.

4. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I haven't tried Edge, but I use the Nivea Men Sensitive gel 90% of the time and I would definitely recommend it.

Has a good scent, ladders nicely and combined with the Sensitive Aftershave balm leaves the skin fresh and non-irritated.

5. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Definitely Nivea sensitive shaving gel. A small amount of it creates a good amount of foam and it is also more creamier than edge. Not to mention, it is cartridge mileage friendly product.

6. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

I use soap / shave cream & a brush most of the time, but I do use Nivea Sensitive Shave Gel from time to time when I'm in a hurry and need a quick shave. It provides a very creamy, slick lather and doesn't dry out my skin. I have not used Edge in many, many years so can't really comment on it now.

Demidog likes this.
  7. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Never used Nivea but I don't think that I'd ever recommend Edge to anyone. I had to use it this morning because I'm too sick for a proper shave and I was running late for something. I didn't even take the time to apply the gel to some patches but I swear that I couldn't tell the difference between the areas that had the gel and those that I shaved with just water. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother to use the Edge gel at all.

Without even having tried the Nivea gel, I would pick it over the Edge gel because the latter is just that bad. Nivea also makes a really good aftershave balm so I trust in more of their shaving products.

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I started using Edge when it first came out. I thought it was a good product. It was my go to shaving gel for years. I cannot comment on any other because it served me well. For the last six years, I don't have a use for canned stuff.