Edgewell's Flexball - Core Motion Technology

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Sabre, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Edgewell have released their version of the Flexball, it is currently available in Germany as the Balea Precision 5 Flex-Pro at DM Drogerie. There are also Quattro carts promoting this new feature as Core Motion Technology.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DE Cartman and gorgo2 like this.
  2. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

This delivered a BBS shave this morning. I am confused as to why it is being used with the Quattro/GT/Caliber product family, and thus not compatible with the Hydro products.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    DE Cartman and gorgo2 like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  4. DE Cartman

DE Cartman Well-Known Member

@Sabre I found this razor here in the US at Walmart under their house brand Equate. It was $5.72 for the handle and 2 carts. 12 USA made refill carts are $16.32. I picked one up to see how it works and will report back soon. When I got back home with the the razor, I checked and Schick Quattro carts work on the handle just fine.

[​IMG]

Keithmax and Sabre like this.
  5. DE Cartman

I tried this razor tonight and I must say I'm very impressed. I lathered up with Proraso green and did a 3 pass BBS shave. I usually use an Atra if I'm using a cart and this new razor felt great on my face. No irritation or razor burn even though I did a WTG/XTG shave this morning. I'm interested on how many shaves I can get out of these carts.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Keithmax and Sabre like this.
  6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I also found the Quattro Titanium cart performed well with this handle.
    Maybe I underestimated the Quattro or the handle is the driving force.

DE Cartman likes this.
  7. DE Cartman

I'll try the Quattro cart when the original head wears out. I had another shave with this today and like yesterday it was butter smooth.

Sabre likes this.
  8. DE Cartman

I've had 7 three pass shaves with the original cart and it's still feeling and shaving great. I did rinse the blade in rubbing alcohol after each shave. During this time I had a shave with a new Mach 3 and a Fusion Proglide and neither felt a good as the Personna cart.

The one negative for the cart is that the trimmer on the back side does not work too well.

Sabre likes this.
  9. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Pity the colors make it look like a toy, kind of like a red tip on a BB gun to show it isn't a real weapon.

10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I get this whole Flexball thing- neither Edgewell's or Gillette's. The idea, as I understand it, is to follow the contours of the face. To that end, I can understand a traditional pivoting razor (Atra, Sensor, Mach3, etc.). I think I could even understand a razor head that twisted (pivoted) along the handle axis though I would question its efficiency. But what exactly is achieved with this left/right lateral pivot?

11. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Personally I would have made it look like a basketball, and negotiated an endorsement from the NBA.

12. DE Cartman

@subvet I thought the same thing so I painted it black. Function over form though.[​IMG]

13. DE Cartman

@John Ruschmeyer I don't know how it works but it gives me the best shaves I've ever gotten from a cart.