Edwin Jagger DE89

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jeff fugate, Mar 5, 2018.

1. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I just used my new DE89 for the first time and may have had my best shave ever. I am new to wet shaving, but this was better than my superspeed, my ball end tech and my 2 razorocks! very impressed!

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: The DE89 is a very nice razor, I've had one.

Edison Carter likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

BTW what SS do you have ... 40's or Flare?

4. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I've heard nothing but positive things about the DE89. Eventually I will get around to getting an EJ razor. I prefer 3 piece razors to TTO razors and I'm not surprised the EJ works better than the Superspeed. What Razorock razors do you have?

5. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

My SS is a 1958 flaretip and my Razorocks are the DE1 and the quick change.

6. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

The DE89/R89 are wonderful razors: mild and efficient. One of my favorite razors ever is a DE89 head with a Weber Bulldog handle. Honestly, if I werent such a slant fanboy, that would likely still be my DE razor of choice.

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The EJ DE89 is an excellent razor. I bought one several years back and I think it’s one of the finest DEs in my den.

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Under the nose is especially better, with a EJ DE89 compared to and TTO. Just my opinion.

9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I have one also and it does provide very good shaves. The DE 89 and Merkur 34c are probably the two best on the market for many.

Jim99 likes this.
  10. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I might get a 34c also, I hear lots of good things about it.

Jim99 likes this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The Merkur 34c is also excellent. I have both in my den and they’re keepers!

12. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Its my most used razor in the inventory. Just need to be careful that the blade is lined up so equal amounts of exposure is on both ends. Its a two piece razor and sometimes when you tighten it down, the blade will rotate slightly, exposing more blade on one end than the other. Its a small issue and solved by putting your thumb on one end and your forefinger on the other as you tighten, thereby keeping the blade from moving.

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

The DE89 is a good razor, but it took me to use a heavier handle to get better quality shaves from it. It seemed too mild for me with a regular handle. Now I get nice BBS shaves when using it.

Jim99 likes this.