Edwin Jagger Kelvin

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Art_Vandelay, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay New Member

In honor of the tax refund holidays, I just treated myself to a new razor: the Edwin Jagger Kelvin.

kelvin.jpg

I've been looking at EJ razors for a while now and this one seems perfect: short handle, knurled grip, and only twenty five bucks!

Anyone else got one of these little gems?

2. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

O yeah -- the Kelvin is my favorite Edwin Jagger razor. I really like the short handle a lot -- only wish it were several grams heavier.

That number 89 shaving head is hard to beat -- good to learn on, and yet I still use mine frequently. If you find you like the short handle, you might be able to track down an iKon Tuckaway handle on ebay or a buy & sell forum. iKon stopped making them.

delme.jpg

Much like the Kelvin handle, but solid stainless steel!​

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  4. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

Indeed, I have the same razor, and also love it. Top notch performance for the price.

Shadow Shaver likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I bought one for my son that he really enjoys. :)

6. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

This was my first razor and I still love it! Throw a Kai in it and it is a whisker mowin machine.

7. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I have the EJ89 head with a Weber classic handle, it's so easy to get a great shave with it

8. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I've been wanting an EJ for years now. For some reason I never pulled the trigger on buying one.

Enrico likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I used one for about 6 months ... it's a nice razor, but I sold it because I get a shave at least as good if not better from my pre war Tech.

10. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Years ago I had an EJ Kelvin and a Murker Classic 33c in my amazon shopping cart and went with the Murker, which I love. My next razor was the Razorock Mission, which I also love. I also bought a Razorock DE1 which I have not yet used and my Weishi TTO is a solid performer.