Egyptian Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Oct 28, 2008.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Wow, that is cheap. I would honestly recommend breaking down and buying a whole bunch of blades or a sample pack. Make it worth your while.

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

International shipping seems quite a bit more expensive for me, maybe it is because I ship in boxes most of the time. A razor I can ship for under $2 CONUS will cost over $8 international, plus I have to drive an extra 7 miles to get to a post office that handles international, because I can ship my CONUS stuff from my grocery store.

Dave, let me know when you try blade #2, I am curious if blade #1 is just a super blade, or if they somehow all last that long for your face...
    Just because I know you can shave with a carpet cutter, does the blade still feel like a decent blade, or are you just attached to it?

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

The sample pack I'm going through from R&B has one pack of Egyptian blades, Silver Stars. I just had my first shave with one last night and it's the sharpest blade I've used by far. Now, I haven't tried Feathers, Astras, W. Swords, or Yellow 7 O'clocks yet, but have tried Crystals, DORCO 300s, and Treet Platinums so take that for what it's worth. The blade seem fairly smooth, but I had a weeper on my chin (the first since my first week with the DE). It showed me I have a little more to do perfecting my technique if I want to use the really sharp blades. I could feel any time my angle was just slightly off with this blade, not a harsh face-grating feel, just enough to know the blade is definitely there.

4. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

I'm a big fan of the Lord Super blades I bought from TSD store. They are sharp but give me a very smooth shave. OTOH, I received some Lord Classic blades that are terrible. They pull and drag no matter how well I prepare for the shave. Oddly, the Classic blades look exactly like the Supers. Fortunately, the packaging is different.

5. riffin

riffin Active Member

Apparently there ARE fake Lords blades out there. So buyer beware.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Probably, but TSD Store's blades come directly from Lord of Canada.

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lord of Canada??????????

8. Queen of Blades

Yes, Lord of Canada.

9. crackstar

It does not show from the products of the company. I know all the products from the Lord company in Alexandria, Egypt. I think the website is perhaps, not up-dated completely, yes?

10. Queen of Blades

Yes, they seem to be updating the site at this time.

I believe Lord of Canada is the North America distributor, if not the sole distributor, for Lord.

11. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

You didn't know Canada was a Monarchy? :happy102

12. crackstar

JoAnna, many years ago, I also had a Lord razor, an older model, which I was also using in Israel. When I moved here, I think I lost this razor, but I have now a Lord Super razor, which is excellent. The different blade brands from Lord are very good. This company is very old--my friend's dad remembers them.

13. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

I don't believe the Classics are fake. The vendor I bought them from is beyond repute. I just think they don't work well with my face because they lack the platinum coating the Supers have.

14. riffin

riffin Active Member

I meant on EBay. Of course YOUR'S are legit! :D

15. rbaloha

rbaloha Member

Received the Egyptian blade sample as well from Gio.

Found the shark blade to provide an excellent shave. Gio also mentioned on his board the great shaves he is receiving from this blade. The blade reviewer from Shave My Face gave this blade great remarks. A definite order.

Sampling the Big Ben next.