Enders Speed Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jayaruh, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Today, I had my first shave with my new Enders Speed Razor and an Enders Speed Blade. It was a very fine shave indeed.

sod170102.JPG

It is a very interesting razor. I would be interested in any others who have used it to comment on their experience. I have seen them on eBay, but it was @Carbide Mike that got me interested enough to get one and some blades. I am a sucker for vintage razors. Although the blades are no longer available, I was able to get a pack of four.

The razor is light and feels comfortable in the hand. The angle of the head is just right. I found that it does well under the nose and everywhere else. I had no nicks, cuts, or irritation with this razor. There was very little feedback with the Alum Block.

I found that the best angle is to put the head almost flat on the face. I did a two pass shave, and I would give it High marks. It was excellent. I will be using it again on Thursday, but it will get a full week later this month.

sod170102.JPG enders33.JPG enders34.JPG enders35.JPG enders38.JPG enders39.JPG enders41.JPG enders342.JPG

2. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have one of these but no blades. I read somewhere that injector blades can be modified to work somehow. Have to check that out again. Glad you had a great shave

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I have a friend working on something for me.

4. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I have a few and used one of them a while ago. I did not find the shave enjoyable for my particular face but I was also using an original blade without any type of stropping to refine the edge. I was going to play with it more, but then I found my Rocket and haven't looked back since. And yes, that is an Enders bell in the middle picture.

Enders 2.jpg Enders 3.jpg Enders 1.jpg

5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Wow! Jim. You have an impressive collection. Even an Enders bell. Cool. I may not go any further with my "Enders collection." But, then, again, I may. We shall see. I just enjoy the journey through the vintage razors. Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures.

6. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Thanks, the three in the first picture were an unopened trio offered by a Razor Emporium auction on eBay that I just happened to see when it was ending. Before that, I had never seen the colored handles before and no interest in acquiring more. They were just so visually attractive that I had to bite and I am glad I did.

FaceScraper, Jayaruh and Carbide Mike like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Very cool.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  8. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

I also have one with no blades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Veeerry interesting..
    [​IMG]

Roderick, PatrickA51, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

And I also have one from the 1930's and I'm collaborating on an idea for adapting an injector blade for use in it.

IMG_0947.jpg

11. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

WOW THAT'S A COLLECTION ! ,Very nice.

Misphit, Jayaruh and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I have a puck of original Williams soap that Jayaruh gets another before February. ! :)

Drygulch and Jayaruh like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    By the way, I really like that green one.

Misphit, PatrickA51 and Carbide Mike like this.
  14. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I've been lurking still around. Hope you all had a great Holiday season.

Boojum1, Carbide Mike and Jayaruh like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Doing pretty good, Patrick. I hope you are well, also.

Carbide Mike and PatrickA51 like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod170105.JPG
    This is my second shave with the Enders Speed Shaver. The TABAC face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #100 Two-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Enders Speed Shaver with a Enders Speed Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with T.N. Dickinson's WH and then Mennen Skin Bracer After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

A standard Injector blade is perfect width for the Enders Speed. In order to add stability trim the edge off a stock ES blade, slide it on top of the Injector and snap in place. I'm experimenting to get blade gap just right but it seems very workable. Shave of The Day planned for tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

18. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

So, @Jayaruh, did you get another Enders before the end of February? If not, @Carbide Mike owes you some Williams...

Carbide Mike and Jayaruh like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That is funny. No, I did not. I just have the one. I have been looking though. I would like to get a colored one, preferably green. I am not prepared to pay $75 for one. @Carbide Mike has made some carbon steal blades for the Enders. I hope one day to get a supply from him.

FaceScraper and Carbide Mike like this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

First shave with the Enders Speed and Personna Injector. I should have used a fresh blade to be fair, but even with a few laps the Enders comported itself well. Not as smooth as I'd like ATG but that's likely a combination of blade wear and perhaps some fine tuning needed in blade exposure. Still a three pass BBS shave.

The injector blade sits snuggly in the tray without modification, but without blade stops has a range of exposure determined by it's precise placement. Go forth guys![​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, Corto and 2 others like this.