Entschuldigung, qu'est-ce que vous saying?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Eeyore, Nov 5, 2017.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Nederlandse ondertitels met dank aan Penguinator Enterprises, VS en Google. ;)

De autocompletion op mijn telefoon (SwiftKey-toetsenbord) had gesuggereerd 'wüsste' in plaats van 'wusste'. Toen zei @richgem dat ik de calculator niet in verlegenheid moest brengen (eigenlijk een mobiele telefoon);)

Eeyore likes this.
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Yes, that Dutch translation is certainly very useful, thank you!

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

Yehuda D and richgem like this.
  3. richgem

:D

4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:signs011: I find speaking on the phone the hardest.

5. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I had a call with an Austrian colleague this morning. I was the calling party, so I knew the call would be in German. But unexpected calls are worse, because then you have to switch suddenly.

Even happened to me when I lived in Switzerland and someone from the Netherlands called me unexpectedly during the daytime ;)

--

Keithmax and Yehuda D like this.
  6. richgem

Did your mother ever forgive you for that? I mean, it's one thing to let her go to voice mail, but to pretend to not speak the same language like that?
    :rofl:

Keithmax likes this.
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

No, was a call from a friend ... and they never called during the daytime. This was when the phone company still charged extra for daytime calls, especially for calls abroad. Besides, the call was on my office number, to add to the confusion ;)

Voice mail did not exist then ;) People had answering machines.

--

Keithmax and richgem like this.
  8. richgem

Really? Huh. My parents had voice mail back in the '80s... it was called richgem and his sister. LOL.

Keithmax and Eeyore like this.
  9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

My French is going slow ... has a lot to do with it not being a Germanic language. I'm also doing a lot of repeat lessons, to give myself time to let it sink in.

--

Keithmax and Yehuda D like this.
  10. richgem

Weet je niet dat oefening kunst baart? Ga door! :)

Yehuda D likes this.
  11. jar

jar Well-Known Member

This time of year there is a demand down here for Retail Clerks that can speak Yooper and Canadian.

Keithmax likes this.
  12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I don't like to speak English on the phone for more than a few minutes because I still find it a bit difficult sometimes, unless it's with somebody I know personally. I had a telemarketer call me last week and his accent was worse than mine. He couldn't speak French so I told him "not interested and put my number on the do not call list."

Keithmax likes this.
  13. Yehuda D

But your English is excellent!

Eeyore and Keithmax like this.
  14. Yehuda D

Dein Deutsch ist absolut prima - ich bin damit wirklich beeindruckt! :)

Eeyore likes this.