Estate sale score! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Schwank, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schwank

Schwank Member

The cleaned up Aristocrat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the Fatboy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mce00771 likes this.
  2. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

Fatboy looks awesome. One of my favorite razors. I picked mine up in the wild at an antique store.

The store was absolutely trashed; looked like one of the homes on the television show "Hoarding: Buried Alive." No kidding.
    I looked around and all I could find was a couple of GEM SE razors in really bad shape and a blue tip SS that was essentially completely trashed. Disappointed, I started to walk out of the store. Just then the "proprietor" of this mess of a store asked me "Did you find what you were looking for?" to which I replied, "Do you have any other safety razors besides this blue-tip Superspeed?"

He said, "I think I might. Hang on a second," and then began to dig through piles of junk. About a minute later, he emerges from the pile with a cased Fatboy. It was dirty, but seemed functional. I tried to remain calm. "How much for this one?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'd take fifteen."

I pretended to stew over the price for a minute and then coughed up a twenty from my wallet. He gave me the Fatboy and a five-dollar bill. I walked out of the store and was somehow able to suppress my top-of-the-lungs "Woo-hoo!!" until I got into my car to drive away.

It cleaned up to near perfection and is still one of my top three razors. Love it, love it, love it.

3. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

They cleaned up well. Nice finds!

4. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Nice.

5. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! You will have a lot of fun with your new items.

I´m a little jelaous...;)

6. Nice haul! All of my vintage shave gear, save for my E-1 Fatboy, have come from "DGSS"--Dead Guy's Stuff Sales... My lovely bride and I go to estate sales frequently; my shavewares, many tools, and a lot our kitchen wares come from them. Old American-made and some European stuff can't be beat for quality, and prices are usually negotiable, especially when "the kids" and not the professionals are running them.

7. mce00771

mce00771 Member

Awesome finds. I wish I could find a good estate sale to start up my collection of good working razors.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Go to Google maps and type in winston salem nc antiques in the search box. Each red dot is an antique place.

9. mce00771

mce00771 Member

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.