Evahs DE razor ... check it out

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LuvWetShavin, Feb 6, 2016.

1. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

$29.95 on Amazon .. never heard of it before but looks and sounds like a great razor for the price
    Screenshot_2016-02-06-05-13-54.jpg

Description
    Our first ever double edge safety razor has been meticulously designed and tested to deliver the best possible shave at a fair price, guaranteed. The chrome finished long handle provides the perfect weight needed to ensure that the razor itself is doing the work, allowing you to apply minimal pressure on the skin. This ultimately helps eliminate skin irritation and razor burn. The new head design is engineered to lock the blade in at the optimal shaving angle, which will minimize shave accidents, and help deliver the cleanest possible shave. Our razor is delivered in luxurious packaging, making it the perfect gift for yourself or a loved one, and comes complete with instructions to help you get started with our razor. Our double edge razor also comes equipped with (2) premium platinum coated Astra razor blades. These replacement blades are less expensive to replace than the typical disposable cartridge razor, and are easily recyclable! If for any reason you're not satisfied, you have a 365 day satisfaction warranty. If you have ANY problems please send us the razor back and we will replace it or give you a full refund. You have 30 days from purchase to register your product on our site in order to enable this warranty.

Screenshot_2016-02-06-05-22-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-06-05-21-59.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015GSRYL8/?tag=thshde-20

Has a 1-yr replacement warranty, you register your razor on their website.
    .... looks like i'll be adding another razor to my collection RAD has got me again ! :happy108:

Carbide Mike, Spud, Segafan#1 and 5 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It is a nice looking razor. I like the handle.

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Really nice looking. Let us know how it shaves.

And... how did @Darkbulb miss this one??

4. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

He didn't, he already has one of course!

5. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

If you register on Evahs.com, they'll send you a coupon code for 20% off.

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

8. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Looks a lot like a DE89.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I have DE89 and it surely didn't shave like one. Way more efficient :)

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    From the reviews on Amazon, including @Darkbulb (I'd recognize that particular brand of photography anywhere) it seems to be very popular with the ladies as well as the gents.

Carbide Mike, AGHisBBS and Darkbulb like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It looks like a Merkur 180 I had, it was very mild. The wife hated it, because the corners were too sharp.
    It is a good razor to start off on.

Carbide Mike and AGHisBBS like this.
  12. waddowedonowmo

waddowedonowmo Well-Known Member

EVAHS is SHAVE spelled backwards.

13. Segafan#1

Segafan#1 Well-Known Member

There are so many nice looking razors on Amazon for cheap I'm afraid of them all lol.

Carbide Mike, Redfisher and AGHisBBS like this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

There is nothing getting past you ;)

Carbide Mike, Redfisher and AGHisBBS like this.
  15. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Just received mine and I will say that the head is nearly identical to the EJ89. The 89 is a little bit better finished. The Evahs has some casting marks inside the safety bar that the 89 doesn't but the plating is the same. The differences are very minor however. The big difference is the overall weight. The Evahs is 115 g on my scale and the EJ is 75 g. The heads both weigh 29 g. The handles are 88 g and 45 g respectively and the lengths are 100 mm and 86 mm. So to sum it up appearance wise same razor different handle. It is not cheap looking and feels nice in the hand. Will it shave differently from the 89? Probably, but because of the additional weight and length and not a difference in geometry. I'm going to get back on that after I use it tomorrow. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

16. LuvWetShavin

Thanks for sharing, for the price it looks very nice and i like the specs with the 100mm handle that has some heft to it .. look forward to hearing how your shave goes tomorrow

17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Nice write up and comparison @Redfisher. Sure is a nice looking handle from here. :)

Carbide Mike, Spud, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  18. LuvWetShavin

I meant to say that to .. really like the looks of the knurling on the handle

19. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Yeah, it's cool looking and looks grippy. :happy088:

Carbide Mike, AGHisBBS and Redfisher like this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Come on, go shave already :)