EVER READY PASS AROUND

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, May 4, 2017.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

You got it! Thanks!

Karl G and twhite like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Great pass around. Remember guys, ride the cap and no pressure.
    Not in though. I have them already.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup this is a veddy true statement!

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

@Zykris. Your package is on its way. You should have it Friday. I included 10 each of Carbon and Stainless blades.

Come on people sign up. Even if you have any of them. Give the ones you don't have a try.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Karl G, PLAla, Zykris and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Tom, you're twisting my arm. Okay, I'm in! Feel free to put the SE newbies ahead of me if you want. I'm in this one for that shovel nose.
    :shaver

Karl G, PLAla, Zykris and 1 other person like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Alright Jim. Glad to have you onboard.

PLAla and Jim99 like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Bump!

I will play. Put me at the end, per usual. Cool thing to sponsor!

Karl G, PLAla and twhite like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You are in. Looking forward to your thoughts on them.

Tom

Karl G and Zykris like this.
  9. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I checked the tracking number yesterday and it said ETA was still Friday. I was to itch badly so I shaved. And what do you know? The razors came in today early. What luck! LOL! I'll be doing my first shave with one of these guys tomorrow. Skin is a little irritated and should be good to go in the morning. I'm looking forward to it.

Karl G, PLAla and twhite like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome! I will be checking for the shave report!

Karl G, twhite and Zykris like this.
  11. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Alright. Ladies and Gentleman. This morning was my first shot at an SE. That 1912. That is a beauty of razor. For today, I decided with go with the carbon blade. Very easy to load the blade, no problems. Lathered up some Sterling Piacenza with a 24mm WD boar. This is where I got a little nervous cause I felt a little irritation from the Feather shave a few days ago still lingering. So I just made a super thick and slick lather. First I started with the face WTG. Strangely enough, it sort of but not entirely, reminded me of what it felt like with a straight razor. Sharp yet comfortable. The shaving angle came almost second nature. That 1912 was simply glorious to use. First pass, no problem. I did a quick rinse and surprisingly didn't feel any extra irritation. It was a great first pass. Lathered up for a second. And went ATG. With the angle of the razor head, that was a little strange finding a comfortable stroke but it didn't take too many strokes to get going without having to think about it. Rinse. I was actually surprised on how close of shave it was. And comfortable! Even just running my fingers lightly over my face and neck....dang! BBS! I thought, " Ah heck! Let's get a head shave in too!" Next thing you know, I did two passes and a clean up. The razor really shined on cleaning up the ol' melon. The angle of the blade and razor head really made shaving my head really easy. I only partially got cocky and slightly scrapped the back of my neck where it meets the base of the skull. Still, BBS on the head too. So all together this is what I would rate this type of razor and blade...
    Ease: 9/10 (even being a first time use)
    Comfortable Scale: 10/10
    Grip: 10/10 ( No slippery issues or anything)

I thoroughly enjoyed using this razor. Might have a problem of letting it go. LOL!

twhite, Karl G, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Today's shave. 1924 Ever Ready with the stainless steel blade. 24mm High Mountain Badger WD brush with Ingram Cream. First off I only did a face shave. This way I can alternate between head and face shaves and get a little more time with these razors. No bleeding, cuts, nicks or anything but a BBS two pass + clean up. I won't overload with a huge review. Thus far, I can say I really prefered the 1912 over the 1924 for the loading style, longer handle. And I've found I prefer the stainless steel blade vs the carbon steel blade. I still liked the razor but my eyes kept darting to the first one, 1912. Tomorrow I'll do a headshave with the 1914 and ill have a good idea if the 1912 reigns supreme in my mind. Great shave!

PLAla and twhite like this.
  13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Well I can only surmise that you will be soon selling all of your DE's. Don't feel bad as it happens to many of us. I do not regret it one iota.

Tom

PLAla and Zykris like this.
  14. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Scary part...it crossed my mind. LOL! I really do like that 1912. It has an edge over the German 37 Slant. And way better than the Microtouch TTO Seen On TV razor.

15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Ok so in the interest of getting more people on board. I have decided at the end of the pass around. I will randomly draw a number. The winner will receive all 3 razors.

Who is next to sign up. Remember even if you have one or two of the models, sign up to try the one you don't have.

Tom

Jim99, PLAla and Zykris like this.
  16. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Now I'll be praying the whole time.

17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Very nice gesture, Tom! I'm looking forward to my turn.

Perhaps an ignorant question here. What is the difference between an Ever Ready 1912 and the GEM 1912?

Zykris likes this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Nothing that I can tell. Unless it is a British made ER. Those tend to be a bit more aggressive. They also have a better finish.

I have in 1912 models Gem, ER, Star and Treet. I cannot tell a significant difference.

PLAla and Zykris like this.
  19. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Don't know how I missed this, but I wanna play! @twhite, very generous of you to share your toys!

PLAla, Zykris and Jim99 like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You are on the board. Have fun.

PLAla, dustmite and Zykris like this.